The Gretsch Tennessee Rose, or Tennessean as it was later known, was first introduced in the late 1950s. The classic single cut model was one of Gretsch's more basic models along with the Country Gentleman and Nashville, but soon skyrocketed in popularity thanks to one George Harrison. The Tennessee Rose would play a significant role in creating The Beatles' iconic sound and subsequently, the sound of popular music. The Gretsch G6119T-ET Players Edition Tennessee Rose pays tribute to its legendary roots but with a host of player friendly, modern appointments.
Featuring a Standard "U"-shape set Maple neck, the G6119T-ET has an unmistakable vintage authenticity to it, but the rolled fretboard edges give it a more comfortable, modern feel. The classy Ebony fretboard has plenty of snap and top end and is stylishly adorned in Gretsch's pearloid Neo-Classic thumbnail inlays for added authenticity.
The G6119T-ET is fitted with a pair of all new FT-67 Filter’Tron™ humbucker pickups which perfectly capture the legendary tone that made Gretsch famous. With crystal clear highs and a gnarly low end, the FT-67 Filter’Trons™ provide all the jingly-jangly tones you could possibly want. The addition of a treble bleed circuit ensures that your tone retains all of its clarity when you roll off the volume, making the G6119T-ET an incredibly versatile guitar.
A legendary String-thru Bigsby® B6GP vibrato tailpiece and an Adjusto-Matic™ bridge cover all your vintage vibrato needs and the Gotoh® locking tuners ensure optimal tuning stability as well as lightning fast string changes.
The Gretsch G6119T-ET Players Edition Tennessee Rose is available in a stunning Dark Cherry Stain finish and comes in a deluxe hardshell case.
- 16”-wide, 2”-deep maple body with parallel bracing
- Electrotone-body style has a shallow depth, sealed top and simulated f-holes
- Set “U”-shaped maple neck with 24.6” scale length
- 12”-radius rosewood fingerboard with rolled edges, 22 medium jumbo frets, pearloid Neo-Classic™ thumbnail inlays and Luminlay® side dots
- All-new FT-67 Filter’Tron™ humbucking pickups in the neck and bridge positions
- Three-position pickup toggle switch, individual volume controls for neck and bridge pickups, master volume control with treble bleed circuit and master no-load tone control with “Squeezebox” paper-in-oil capacitor
- String-thru Bigsby® B6CP vibrato tailpiece and Adjusto-Matic™ bridge with pinned rosewood base
- Graph Tech® TUSQ® XL nut
- Gotoh® locking tuners and Grover® strap locks
- Available in Deep Cherry Stain with silver plexi pickguard and nickel hardware
- G6241 Gretsch® 16" deluxe hollow body hardshell case included
- Body Shape: Tennessee Rose / Electrotone
- Body Material: Laminated Maple
- Finish: Gloss
- Material: Maple
- Profile: Standard "U" Shape
- Scale Length: 24.6"
- Fingerboard Material: Ebony
- Fingerboard Radius: 12" (305mm)
- Number Of Frets: 22
- Frets: Medium Jumbo
- Nut Material: Graph Tech® TUSQ® XL
- Nut Width: 1.6875" (42.86mm)
- Inlays: Pearloid Neo-Classic Thumbnails
- Joint: Set
- Finish: Nickel
- Tuner Plating: Nickel
- Bridge: String-thru Bigsby® B6GP vibrato tailpiece and Adjusto-Matic™ bridge on pinned ebony base
- Tuning Machines: Gotoh® locking
- Control Knobs: G-Arrow
- Pickguard: Silver Plexi with Black Gretsch® Logo
- Bridge Pickup: FT-67 Filter’Tron™ Humbucker
- Neck Pickup: FT-67 Filter’Tron™ Humbucker
- Controls: Volume 1. (Neck Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Master Volume w/ Treble Bleed, Master Tone w/ No-Load Pot
- Output Jack: 1/4"
- Strings Gauge: Nickel Plated Steel (.011-.049 Gauges)
- Case: 099-6411-000 G6241 Deluxe Hardshell Case
- Accessories: Grover Strap Locks