Please Note: The first images above are stock manufacturer images of the right handed models that have been flipped to provide a representation of the left handed model.
The Gibson SG Modern is a powerful, sleek guitar and is packed with contemporary features and flair for the next wave of inspired guitarists.
Body & Neck
Gibson describe the SG Modern as a hybrid SG and Les Paul. They’re not wrong, as it’s crafted with a pairing of Mahogany body and neck, as well as a figured Maple top that looks simply stunning.
It also has a dark, luxurious Ebony fretboard with 22 jumbo frets – a supremely modern appointment, great for fast playing. This is accentuated even further with its asymmetrical shape neck which feels natural on the playing hand as you move across the fingerboard.
The Burstbucker Rhythm and Lead capture the unique characteristics of the latest Gibson guitars. These are hot enough for the most modern of rock and metal, as well as offering vintage tones thanks to its two push/pull volume knobs.
This takes the signal from earlier in the magnet, which creates a vintage-associated sound. Push them back in and it tightens them up and raises the output.
Gibson have taken a firmly forward step with hardware. The SG Modern is equipped with a combination of Graph Tech nut and Grover tuners for precise tuning. You won’t have to worry when you’re rocking out.
- Material: Mahogany
- Top: AA Figured Maple
- Neck: Mahogany
- Profile: Asymmetrical Slim Taper
- Nut width: 1.695" / 43.06mm
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Scale length: 24.75" / 628.65mm
- Number of frets: 22
- Nut: Graph Tech
- Inlay: Mother of Pearl Trapezoids
- Bridge: Aluminum Nashville Tune-O-Matic
- Tailpiece: Aluminum Stopbar
- Knobs: Clear Top Hats
- Tuners: Grover Locking Rotomatics w/Keystone buttons
- Plating: Chrome
- Neck pickup: Burstbucker Pro Rhythm
- Bridge pickup: Burstbucker Pro + Lead
- Controls: 2 Push/Pull Volumes (Coil-Tap), 2 Tones & Toggle Switch