Book a video appointment
Buying a premium guitar at the moment is a tricky experience. However, fear not! Our new Guitar Gallery specialists (Paul, and Paul), are on-hand to help talk you through your purchase, make recommendations and give you the confidence to make the right decision.
With over 30 combined years of boutique and rare guitar sales between them, the Pauls really know their stuff and can help you choose, or track down that special piece you’re looking for.
Click here to book your video appointment now.
Alice In Chains guitarist Jerry Cantrell is one of the most influential songwriters of the last 30 years. A pioneer of the early '90s Seattle grunge sound, Cantrell's instantly-recognisable melodic riffs, haunting harmonised vocals and moody, blues-inclined solos continue to inspire today's generation — with his latest group and solo records garnering plenty of acclaim.
Custom Shop "Wino" Les Paul Custom
The revered rocker recently joined forces with Gibson as their second official brand ambassador, and this exquisite Custom Shop creation is the first signature instrument the two musical giants have worked on together. Made to replicate Cantrell's iconic Les Paul Custom, this guitar has many personal touches — including a Murphy Lab aged "Wino" Wine Red finish, a 9-hole weight-relieved Mahogany body, aged gold hardware, and powerful 490R/498T pickups.
Fishman Powerbridge Piezo System
While Alice In Chains are renowned for their heavy, melancholy tracks — the band has a softer side too, with their legendary EPs "Sap" and "Jar Of Flies" fuelled with vibrant-sounding acoustic guitars. The Fishman Powerbridge piezo gives this Les Paul Custom the versatility to cover the full Alice In Chains catalogue, which produces convincing acoustic tones.
There are two volume controls (one for each magnetic pickup), and a third volume (where the bridge tone knob would normally be) for the Powerbridge piezo pickup. A master tone and a three-way toggle pickup selector round out the controls, while a stereo output jack allows for discrete electric and acoustic signal routing.
Limited Edition, Signed by Jerry Cantrell
Only 100 of these guitars will be hand-made by the expert luthiers and craftspeople of the Gibson Custom Shop. As part of this very special limited run, each will be personally hand-signed on the back of the headstock by Jerry Cantrell. A custom case and certificate of authenticity are also included.
- Body Shape: Les Paul
- Body Material: Mahogany
- Body Top: Plain Maple
- Binding: Multi-Ply Top, Back & Headstock, Single-Ply Fretboard
- Weight Relief: 9-Hole
- Finish: Murphy Lab Aged Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Material: Mahogany
- Neck Profile: Custom Cantrell Profile
- Neck Joint: Long Neck Tenon, Hide Glue Fit
- Scale Length: 24.75"
- Fingerboard Material: Ebony
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Number of Frets: 22
- Fret Size: Medium Jumbo
- Inlays: Custom Block Mother of Pearl
- Nut Material: Corian
- Nut Width: 1.687"
- Finish: Aged Gold
- Bridge: Fishman Powerbridge (Tune-O-Matic Style with Built-In Piezo Pickup)
- Tailpiece: Stop Bar
- Tuning Machines: Grover Kidney
- Pickguard: Multi-Layer Les Paul Custom
- Control Knobs: Black Speed
- Neck Pickup: 490R
- Bridge Pickup: 498T
- Under Saddle Pickup: Fishman Powerbridge
- Controls: 2 Volume, Master Tone, 500K CTS Audio-Taper Potentiometers, Ceramic Capacitors
- Additional Electronics: Volume Control for Powerbridge (with 9V Battery Mounted in Control Compartment)
- Pickup Selector: 3-Way Switchcraft
- Output Jack: 1/4" Switchcraft, Stereo
- Strings Gauge: 10-46
- Case: Jerry Cantrell Custom Case
- Accessories: Certificate of Authenticity