Book a video appointment
Buying a premium guitar at the moment is a tricky experience. However, fear not! Our new Guitar Gallery specialists (Paul, and Paul), are on-hand to help talk you through your purchase, make recommendations and give you the confidence to make the right decision.
With over 30 combined years of boutique and rare guitar sales between them, the Pauls really know their stuff and can help you choose, or track down that special piece you’re looking for.
Click here to book your video appointment now.
Based on thorough scans of the coveted original models, the 1964 Trini Lopez Standard Reissue gives you an authentic vintage ownership experience from the chunky '64 neck profile to the unique trapeze tailpiece.
"The Gibson guitar that was inspired by Trini Lopez is as exciting as the young performer who helped create it", reads one of Gibson's original 1960s advertisements. While Trini Lopez sadly passed away in August 2020, he continued to perform with his namesake model into his 80s, and the model is also favoured by many other famous musicians from Dave Grohl to Noel Gallagher.
The Murphy Lab 'Ultra Light Aged' finish treatment, paired with lightly aged hardware, simulates decades of subtle playing wear — giving it the unique character, vibe and feel of an original example from Gibson's "Golden Era".
- Shape: ES-335
- Material: 3-Ply Maple/Poplar/Maple
- Centerblock: Solid Maple
- Binding: 1-Ply Royalite
- Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer, Murphy Lab Ultra Light Aged
- Material: Solid Mahogany
- Profile: Authentic '64 Medium C-Shape
- Scale Length: 24.75"
- Fingerboard Material: Indian Rosewood, Hide Glue Fit
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Number of Frets: 22
- Frets: Authentic Medium-Jumbo
- Nut Material: Nylon
- Nut Width: 1.687"
- Inlays: Split Diamond Cellulose Nitrate
- Joint: Long Tenon, Hide Glue Fit
- Bridge: ABR-1
- Tailpiece: Single Diamond Trapeze with Trini Lopez Insert
- Knobs: Black Top Hats with Silver Inserts and Dial Pointers
- Tuners: Kluson Single Line Strip with Metal Buttons
- Plating: Nickel, Murphy Lab Light Aged
- Neck Pickup: Custombucker Alnico 3 (Unpotted)
- Bridge Pickup: Custombucker Alnico 3 (Unpotted)
- Controls: 2 Volume, 2 Tone, CTS 500K Audio Taper Potentiometers, Paper-in-Oil Capacitors
- Pickup Selector: 3-Way Switchcraft
- Output Jack: 1/4" Switchcraft
- Strings: 10-46
- Case: Brown/Pink Lifton Reissue 5-Latch
- Accessories: Certificate of Authenticity