The iconic '60s SG has been a favourite among rock 'n' roll's elite... Angus Young, Tony Iommi, Robby Krieger, George Harrison, Dickey Betts, Gary Rossington and Eric Clapton — to name just a few. Its devilish points, blistering humbucker tone and fast-playing neck help to make it one of the most coveted and revered vintage Gibson models.
This Custom Shop Historic Reissue SG continues the legendary magic of the originals with all-solid woods, a period-correct hide-glue construction, the finest replica parts available and the instantly-recognisable, powerful sound of Gibson's acclaimed Custombucker Alnico 3 pickups.
- Shape: SG
- Material: 1-Piece Solid Mahogany
- Weight Relief: None
- Finish: Nitrocellulose VOS (Vintage Patina)
- Material: Solid Mahogany
- Profile: 1960 Slim Taper
- Scale Length: 24.75"
- Fingerboard Material: Indian Rosewood, Hide Glue Fit
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Number of Frets: 22
- Frets: Authentic Medium-Jumbo
- Nut Material: Nylon
- Nut Width: 1.687"
- Inlays: Cellulose Nitrate Trapezoid
- Joint: Long Tenon, Hide Glue Fit
- Bridge: ABR-1
- Tailpiece: Lightweight Aluminum Stop Bar
- Knobs: Black Top Hats with Silver Inserts
- Tuners: Kluson Single Line, Double Ring
- Finish: Nickel
- Neck Pickup: Custombucker Alnico 3 (Unpotted)
- Bridge Pickup: Custombucker Alnico 3 (Unpotted)
- Controls: 2 Volume, 2 Tone, CTS 500K Audio Taper Potentiometers, Black Beauty Capacitors
- Pickup Selector: 3-Way Switchcraft
- Output Jack: 1/4" Switchcraft
- Strings: 10-46
- Case: Custom Shop Hardshell
- Accessories: Certificate of Authenticity Booklet, Historic Reissue Hang Tags