1960 was the last year of production for the original Les Paul Standard. Nearly identical to a 1959 model except for a few specs, the '60 Les Paul Standard most notably featured a fast-playing 'SlimTaper' neck profile — beloved by the many famous musicians who played '60 "Bursts", including Eric Clapton, Joe Walsh and Paul McCartney. It also has "reflector" volume & tone knobs and wider "double-ring" tuner tips.
The Custom Shop 1960 Les Paul Standard Reissue is a detailed clone of the originals, from its hide-glue construction to its chemically re-engineered plastic parts. Each one is built with extreme care, reverence and attention-to-detail by expert Custom Shop craftspeople who are committed to providing an authentic vintage ownership experience.
- Mahogany Construction — Timeless tonewood (used for the body/neck) yields the thick and sustain-rich sound synonymous with Gibson guitars.
- Non-Weight Relieved Body — Old-school design; gives the instrument a substantial feel and captures that iconic vintage sound.
- Nitrocellulose 'VOS' Finish — Traditional lacquer; allows the guitar to "breathe" and resonate more freely. It'll age beautifully over time too!
- 1960 SlimTaper Neck Shape — Thin profile allows for fast playability at all areas of the Mahogany neck.
- Indian Rosewood Fingerboard — Silky material that introduces warm complexities into the tonal mix; featuring a comfortable 12" radius and 22 frets.
- Authentic Medium Jumbo Frets — Offer a controllable feel for wide vibrato and pitch-perfect string bends.
- Gibson Custombucker Pickups — Provide nostalgic 'PAF' humbucking tones; featuring alnico III magnets that produce a punchy mid-range character with smooth, rounded highs.
- ABR-1 Bridge — Legendary Gibson 'Tune-O-Matic' design. Easily-adjustable and maximises string vibration transference through the body.
- Brown/Pink Lifton Reissue 5-Latch Case — Perfectly protects this exquisite Custom Shop creation against knocks on the road!
- Body Shape: Les Paul
- Top: 2-Piece Figured Maple, Hide Glue Fit
- Back: 1-Piece Lightweight Mahogany
- Binding: 1-Ply Royalite
- Weight Relief: None
- Finish: Nitrocellulose VOS (Vintage Patina)
- Material: Solid Mahogany
- Profile: 1960 SlimTaper
- Scale Length: 24.75"
- Fingerboard Material: Indian Rosewood, Hide Glue Fit
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Number of Frets: 22
- Frets: Authentic Medium-Jumbo
- Nut Material: Nylon
- Nut Width: 1.687"
- End of Board Width: 2.24"
- Inlays: Aged Cellulose Nitrate Trapezoid
- Joint: Long Tenon, Hide Glue Fit
- Finish: Nickel
- Bridge: No-Wire ABR-1
- Tailpiece: Lightweight Aluminum Stop Bar
- Tuning Machines: Kluson Single Line, Double Ring
- Pickguard: Laminated Cellulose Acetate Butyrate
- Control Knobs: Gold Top Hats with Silver Reflector Inserts
- Neck Pickup: Custombucker Alnico III (Unpotted)
- Bridge Pickup: Custombucker Alnico III (Unpotted)
- Controls: CTS 500K Audio Taper Potentiometers, Paper-in-Oil Capacitors
- Pickup Selector: 3-Way Switchcraft
- Output Jack: Switchcraft
- Strings Gauge: .010, .013, .017, .026, .036, .046
- Case: Brown/Pink Lifton Reissue 5-Latch Case
- Accessories: Gibson Custom Switchplate Medallion (with Historic Black Plastic Cover in Case), Certificate of Authenticity Booklet, Historic Reissue Hang Tags