The ES-335 model is one of the most recognisable in Gibson’s iconic instrument range and considered by many to be the quintessential semi-hollow guitar. Typically, the ES-335 appeals to traditional players, but with its modern appointments we think the USA ES-335 will be seen in the hands of many current musicians too.
The ES-335 is regarded for its elegant semi-hollow body, which allows you to achieve bright and open sounds with plenty of natural acoustic-like volume. Formed from a 3-ply maple/poplar combination, these tonewoods give this guitar plenty of vibrancy and top-end definition.
To add some warmth, the ES-335's body is paired with a quarter sawn mahogany neck; topped with a rosewood fingerboard for a silky feel under the fingers. The neck has a comfortable rounded “C” profile, feeling substantial in the hands without being too chunky or cumbersome. The ES-335 Figured's rolled binding also offers a smoother feel, with a sleek transition between the side of the neck and the fretboard.
Electronics & Hardware
A double-dose of medium-output T-Type humbucking pickups give this instrument a rounded, warm tone. More responsive to your playing dynamics, these pickups lend themselves to expressive players. Although semi-hollow guitars are more synonymous with clean jazz players, with distortion these humbuckers can sound fairly raunchy and bold; meaning they're not just one trick ponies by any means.
The Gibson USA ES-335 Figured comes installed with an ABR-1 Tune-O-Matic bridge, providing a stable and solid feel under the picking hand. With its simple and accessible design making it easy to adjust your action and intonation, you can easily manipulate your setup on-the-fly. Fitted with Titanium saddles, these offer better sustain, intonation and longevity.
- Body Shape: 335
- Top: 3-ply Maple/Poplar/Maple
- Back: 3-ply Maple/Poplar/Maple
- Bracing: Spruce
- Binding: Single-ply Cream
- Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Material: Mahogany
- Profile: Rounded "C"
- Scale Length: 24.75"
- Fingerboard Material: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Number Of Frets: 22
- Frets: Medium Jumbo
- Nut Material: Graph Tech
- Nut Width: 1.695"
- Inlays: Acrylic Dots
- Finish: Nickel
- Bridge: ABR-1 Tune-O-Matic
- Tailpiece: Aluminum Stop Bar
- Tuning Machines: Vintage Deluxe w/ Keystone Buttons
- Pickguard: Black 5-ply
- Control Knobs: Black Top Hats with Silver Reflector
- Switch Tip: Cream
- Neck Pickup: Calibrated T-Type, Rhythm
- Bridge Pickup: Calibrated T-Type, Lead
- Controls: 2 volumes, 2 tones, 1 toggle switch, hand-wired with 500K potentiometers and orange drop capacitors
- Strings: .010, .013, .017, .026, .036, .046
- Case: Hard Shell Case
- Accessories: Gibson Accessory Kit