The Gibson ES-335 Dot is a timeless classic used by touring musicians for decades. It’s the ultimate workhorse semi-hollow body guitar. Known for crisp vintage tones and great feel. This model is truly back to basics, yet retains the modern refinements from the 2019 range that make it unique and great to play.
Body and neck
Gibson hollowbody guitars are renowned for their rich Maple bodies and tops. This provides the body with body strength, durability and a bright resonance. The neck is made of Mahogany in a comfortable and classic rounded ‘C’ profile. On top is a classy Rosewood fretboard providing plenty of warmth and grainy feel. 22 rolled and treated frets are protected against rust and wear and feel effortless to play.
57 Classic humbuckers hark back to Gibson’s legendary humbuckers of the 20th century. These have plenty of midrange and clarity in what can be described as vintage hot pickups. There’s huge sonic variety to explore thanks to two volume and two tone knobs.
Hardware and electronics
Gibson have worked hard on improving their electronics for clearer sound and longevity, so your guitar can become truly vintage one day. Featuring hand-wired 500K pots and orange drop capacitors for smooth switching. On top you have faultless plated brass saddles and a rust-resistant zinc stopbar. A bone nut also keeps string friction to a minimum and keeps tuning extremely stable.
- Shape: ES
- Back: 3-ply Maple/Poplar/Maple
- Top: 3-ply Maple/Poplar/Maple
- Binding: Single-ply Cream
- Neck: Quarter-Sawn Mahogany
- Profile: Rounded "C", rolled binding
- Nut width: 1.687" / 42.85mm
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Scale length: 24.75" / 628.65mm
- Number of frets: 22
- Inlay: Block
- Bridge: ABR-1 with titanium saddles
- Tailpiece: Locking Stopbar
- Knobs: Black Top Hats with Silver Reectors
- Tuners: Grover 'Milk Bottle' Rotomatics
- Plating: Nickel
- Neck pickup: 57 Classic
- Bridge pickup: 57 Classic Plus
- Controls: 2 volumes, 2 tones, 1 toggle switch, hand-wired with 500K
- potentiometers and orange drop capacitors