The ES-335 model is one of the most recognisable in Gibson’s iconic instrument range. Considered by many as the quintessential semi-hollow guitar, this beautiful Custom Shop 1964 VOS model recaptures the essence of these timeless instruments.
Sure to appeal to traditionalists, the Gibson Custom Shop 1964 ES-335 has many time-honoured features, including an old-school VOS nitrocellulose lacquer finish.
The ES-335 is regarded for its elegant semi-hollow body, which allows you to achieve bright and open sounds with plenty of natural acoustic-like volume. Formed from a 3-ply Maple/Poplar combination, these tonewoods give this guitar plenty of vibrancy and top-end definition. The Vintage Petrina nitro VOS finish is the pinnacle of aged Gibson semi-hollows – slick aged looks, smooth feel and resonant sound all in one.
To add some warmth, the ES-335's body is paired with a solid Mahogany neck; topped with an Indian Rosewood fingerboard for a silky feel under the fingers, complete with hide glue fit. The neck adheres to Gibson's ’64 medium C profile, offering just the right amount of grip that’ll keep both traditionalists and contemporary players happy.
Electronics & Hardware
A double-dose of medium-output Alnico III Custombuckers offer a balanced, warm tone with a beautifully dynamic break-up. Although semi-hollow guitars are more synonymous with jazz players, with distortion these humbuckers can get raunchy in no time.
Next up, the ’64 335 VOS comes installed with an ABR-1 Tune-O-Matic bridge, providing a stable and solid feel under the picking hand. With its simple and accessible design making it easy to adjust your action and intonation, you can easily manipulate your setup on-the-fly. Fitted with nickel-plated brass saddles, their traditional-style design yields greater sustain and top-end sparkle.
- Body Material: 3-Ply Maple/Poplar/Maple
- Centerblock: Solid Maple
- Binding: 1-Ply Royalite
- Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer VOS (Vintage Patina)
- Material: Solid Mahogany
- Profile: Authentic '64 Medium C-Shape
- Scale Length: 24.75"
- Fingerboard Material: Indian Rosewood, Hide Glue Fit
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Number Of Frets: 22
- Frets: Authentic Medium-Jumbo
- Nut Material: Nylon
- Nut Width: 1.687"
- Inlays: Small Block Cellulose Nitrate
- Joint: Long Tenon, Hide Glue Fit
- Finish: Nickel
- Tuner Plating: Nickel
- Bridge: ABR-1
- Saddle Material: Nylon
- Tailpiece: Lightweight Aluminum Stop Bar
- Tuning Machines: Kluson Single Line, Double Ring
- Pickguard: Black 5-Ply Wide Bevel
- TrussRod: Authentic 1950s No-Tube
- Truss Rod Cover: Authentic Stepped 2-Ply
- Strap Buttons: Aluminum
- Neck Pickup: Custombucker Alnico III (Unpotted)
- Bridge Pickup: Custombucker Alnico III (Unpotted)
- Controls: 2 Volume/2 Tone CTS 500K Audio Taper Potentiometers, Paper-in-Oil Capacitors
- Pickup Selector: 3-Way Switchcraft
- Output Jack: Switchcraft