GFORCE M-Tron MkII - Mellotron and Chamberlin Emulator
Honouring the timeless sounds of the legendary Mellotron MKI/MKII and its forefather - the Chamberlin Musicmaster
Related Yet Unique
GForce's M-Tron MKII is a new and separate product from their M-Tron Pro software. While the M-Tron Pro focuses on the chromatic sounds of Mellotron M400, M-Tron MKII focuses on the Mellotron MKII, as the name suggests. It serves as a library of specialist tools perfect for dealing with rhythms and accompaniments. Harness the unique playing style found in earlier Mellotrons and Chamberlins with this amazing piece of software.
Heard on recordings by legendary artists such as The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, David Bowie, King Crimson and Genesis, the Mellotron became an instantly recognisable sound. Despite the abundance of digital synthesizers made available as the years progressed, the Mellotron still held a special place in many people's hearts with artists such as Oasis and Radiohead making use of the instruments into the 2000s and beyond.
Faithful Capturing of Classic Sounds
Every sound in the GForce M-Tron MKII is sourced from the MK1, MKII and Chamberlin Tape Archive which is curated by Martin Smith who prepared the recordings especially for this project. These tapes have undergone extensive but careful restoration and tempo remapping, which means that with this software you're able to access both microphone and DI'd recorded versions of the lead tapes. You can sync the included rhythms and accompaniments to your own host tempo and transpose them to fit into your own compositions and mixes with ease.
While staying true to the original sound and style of the old-school units with their magnetic tape playback functionality, this software expands on their capabilities to suit the modern musician. Unlike the original 'trons, M-Tron MKII can mix and match Rhythms and Accompaniments from different stations, vastly increasing the flexibility of the instrument. You're also able to retune an entire bank while maintaining the host tempo.
Explore the captivating sounds of the Chamberlin Musicmaster and Mellotron MKI/MKII and evoke a moment in time somewhere between the 1950's and late 1960's with GForce's M-Tron MKII!
- Rhythms, Accompaniments & Lead sounds from the 1960’s dual-manual Chamberlin & Mellotron MkI & MkII.
- 132 tape-banks, several of which have never been previously released.
- Over 4500 individual samples curated from The Streetly Archives.
- Unique and authentic user interface with over 150 Patches.
- Rhythm / Accompaniment & Lead mode, plus Dual Rhythm / Accompaniment mode.
- Parallel Trigger option for Rhythms, Accompaniments or both.
- Rhythm & Accompaniment Host Sync, Transposition, Tape Half Speed, Tape 2s-Rewind Time, Tape Reverse and Pan.
- Individual key edit control (tape start, detune, tape pan, key click), & key edit presets save and recall.
- Chord Finder visual-aid for playing matched Rhythms and Accompaniments.
- Use one 88-note keyboard or two separate smaller keyboards to control each manual.
- Reverb (modern or spring) and Delay effects.
- Unlooped tape-banks for an authentic MkII playing experience.
- Available in following formats: Standalone Application, AudioUnit, AAX, VST
- Operating System
- WindowsMac OS
- Software Type
- Virtual Instrument
Finance available at checkout for orders £300+