Free The Tone SS-1V String Slinger Overdrive
3 IN STOCK
Order now for delivery to you on Tue 5th Jul 2022.
to order online today
at our Guildford Store
FREE UK Delivery
Earn 319 Loyalty Points
Click and Collect
Japanese pedal manufacturers Free The Tone have decided to celebrate their 15th Anniversary by releasing two ultra-detailed, cutting-edge overdrive pedals: the String Slinger and the Fire Mist!
Never afraid to think outside the box, the String Slinger is arguably among Free The Tone's most bold releases. They've thrown out the rulebook for this stompbox, and the results speak for themselves!
The circuitry employs many of their signature party tricks to deliver a truly outstanding tonal experience. Their buffer circuit is like no other, offering a warm, dynamic response that has to be heard to be believed. They also use their passive tone circuit technology, designed to minimise phase shift in guitar signals. This means excellent sonic consistency and a sound that'll sit perfectly in any mix!
The aim of the game here is low-gain crunch. Think of the golden spot where your clean tone breaks up in sizzling fashion - that's what the String Slinger does best! Modelled on the iconic US blues sparkle that's so highly sought-after, this pedal performs spectacularly - you won't be disappointed!
- New HTS (Holistic Tonal Solution) Circuit: this new circuitry delivers excellent, resonant buffered tone with minimal noise. Perfect in any signal chain!
- Free The Tone Custom Knobs: custom turned brass knobs to reduce vibrations. Size and shape carefully calculated to minimise unwanted noise and movement, while adding to the tone of the pedal itself.
- Sound Casing Design: every aspect of a pedal's design can affect its sound. The dimensions and weight of the String Slinger have been optimised to deliver the best sound!
- Unique IC Tone Plate: this metal plate for damping and shielding covers the top of an IC chip to make the most of the characteristics of the IC and to prevent noise contamination to the utmost.
- Passive Tone Circuit: a passive tone circuit minimizes the phase shift in guitar signals.
Here's what Free The Tone say about the String Slinger:
In order to achieve our concept of ideal sound, we began by restructuring all of the components in an effects unit based on our expertise and extensive experience cultivated and accumulated over the years, and our innate sense of tone, and ultimately arrived at our Integrated Series, which was started as Free The Tone's 15th anniversary project. The first release in this series is a pair of overdrive pedals.
We sought extended dynamic range, brilliant overtones, long sustain, quick but fat tone, and of course, the most important
thing: pure and clean overdrive sound. In order to realize all of these things, we thoroughly investigated various electronic circuits and parts and all of the factors related to sound such as materials and weight of the case and knobs, magnetic fields, etc.
After a few years and many prototypes, we finally completed the String Slinger and Fire Mist. In our quest for ideal overdrive sounds, we usually recall the American Blues sound symbolized by the classic Black Face period and the British Rock sound as represented by the golden Plexi panel. The String Slinger revives that ideal American Blues sound. Its viscous, clean-to-crunch tone with moderate compression feel can generate the best Blues sound.
The instant you play through our String Slinger, you will understand the true meaning of “Amp-like.”
- Input impedance: min. 500 kΩ
- Output load impedance: min. 10 kΩ
- Controls: LEVEL, TONE, DRIVE
- Terminals: 1/4" standard phone jack x 2 (input, output), DC 9 V input jack (for AC adapter connection)
- Power supply: 9-volt PP3 battery, AC adapter
- Current consumption: approx. 8 mA
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 98 x 120 x 51 mm, 3.86 x 4.72 x 2.01 inches (incl. protuberances such as footswitches, jacks, etc.)
- Weight: approx. 640 g, 1.41 lbs (excl. accessories)
- Accessories: Warranty card, manual, battery (9-volt PP3), rubber foot x 4
Earn loyalty points whenever you shop at Andertons. Points can be earned and used online, in store or over the phone: earn and use points however you choose to shop! No need to sign up - points are added automatically when you make a purchase! The more you shop, the more you save, so start earning points now!
What are points worth?
One point is worth a 1p discount, and there's no limit on the number of points used per purchase! For example, if you have 1000 points, you can redeem them for a £10 discount on any purchase.
How many points will I earn when I shop?
We display the number of points available for a product on the product's page on our website. Normally we'll give you one point for every pound you spend, but watch out for double and triple points deals for even more savings!
Here at Andertons Music Co. we believe that we stock some of the best musical equipment in the world. That's why we want to make it as quick and easy as possible for you to get your order, safe and sound!
We offer a wide range of delivery options to help fit around your busy lifestyle without compromise. This includes free, named-day delivery for most UK postcodes on orders over £99 which are in stock, Saturday & Sunday deliveries, and competitive delivery rates worldwide.
Please note: Some UK postcodes including remote areas and Northern Ireland are subject to charges.
You can find full details about the services we offer, including details on our international delivery charges, on our main delivery page. Click here to read more.
Mr Ove Berg25th Aug 2020
Mr Ian Johnson19th May 2020
Jerry Hoekman3rd Jan 2020
Trusted Customer21st Jul 2018
Select deposit amount
0% = £0.00
- Total Cash Price
- Amount of Credit
- Duration of Agreement
- 0 Months
- 0 Monthly Repayments
- Cost of Credit
- APR Representative
- Annual Rate of Interest
- Settlement Fee
- Total Amount Payable