Free The Tone SG-1C Silky Groove Compressor Pedal
Silky smooth, natural sounding compression!
5 IN STOCK
Order now for delivery to you on Tue 5th Jul 2022.
to order online today
at our Guildford Store
FREE UK Delivery
Earn 179 Loyalty Points
Click and Collect
Forming part of Free the Tone's Standard line, the Silky Groove is a new compressor capable of delivering silky smooth, natural sounding compression without impairing your amp's natural characteristics. The simple-to-use controls allow you to easily dial in anything from a light subtle compression, perfect for balancing out your arpeggiated chords, to a heavy "squished" compression for funky rhythmic passages.
Whether you're using single coil or humbucker pickups, the Silky Groove responds to your playing accurately, maintaining all of your subtle nuances for a more expressive sound. Once you've turned the Silky Groove on, you may not want to turn it off again!
- The Attack and Sustain controls of the compressor have an easy-to-adjust gentle curve to prevent rapid changes.
- The newly designed dry mix circuit provides a wider range of sound making.
- Free The Tone’s original HTS (Holistic Tonal Solution) circuit is implemented.
- Unlike conventional buffer circuits, the HTS circuit attains both “high sound quality” and “low noise” by performing impedance conversion while fully bringing out sound characteristics of the guitar/bass. The HTS circuit prevents degradation of guitar/bass timbre even when the effect is turned off.
- There is no need to worry about phase reversal: the output signal is in the same phase as the input signal
Here's what Free The Tone say about the SG-1C Silky Groove Compressor
The Silky Groove is a new compressor in Free The Tone’s standard product line. It is based on the Silky Comp which was highly appreciated in our Custom Series. While inheriting Silky Comp’s sound and enhancing functions and ease of use, the Silky Groove newly incorporates a dry mix circuit requested by many guitarists and bassists.
Considering the phase between the effect and dry signals, we carefully designed this circuit to avoid the phenomenon in which these two sounds can be heard separately when mixed together. With the new circuit you can get a well blended sound which cannot be obtained from conventional mix circuits.
This dry mix circuit can provide you with a broad range of sound from a heavily compressed effect sound without any dry signal to a fast and strong signal comprised of only the dry sound.
Generally a compressor is an effect unit that can be difficult to adjust. Operation of the Silky Groove’s compression circuit has been optimized to make compressor adjustment easier. The Attack knob sets the strength of the incoming sound and the Sustain knob varies the depth of compression to control sustain. Since each control parameter changes smoothly, your favourite setting can be found easily.
The Silky Groove can create silky-smooth and natural compression without impairing important elements during performance such as true sound characteristics of your guitar/bass, subtle plucking and picking nuance. The Silky Groove brings more expressiveness to your performances. For example, if you are a guitarist who prefers precise and accurate arpeggios, sharp rhythm tone, and unconstrained solo tones; or if you are a bassist who wants a clearly articulated bottom end or springy slaps, etc., the Silky Groove can give you the support you need.
- Input impedance: min. 500kΩ
- Output load impedance: min. 10kΩ
- Controls: SUSTAIN, ATTACK, DRY MIX, LEVEL
- Terminals: 2 x 1/4" standard phone jacks (input, output), DC9V input jack (for AC adapter connection)
- Power supply: 9-volt PP3 battery, AC adapter
- Current consumption: 7 mA
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 72 x 115 x 50 mm (incl. protuberances such as footswitches, jacks, etc.)
- Weight: approx. 230g (excl. accessories)
- Accessories: Warranty card, manual, 4 x rubber feet
Earn loyalty points whenever you shop at Andertons. Points can be earned and used online, in store or over the phone: earn and use points however you choose to shop! No need to sign up - points are added automatically when you make a purchase! The more you shop, the more you save, so start earning points now!
What are points worth?
One point is worth a 1p discount, and there's no limit on the number of points used per purchase! For example, if you have 1000 points, you can redeem them for a £10 discount on any purchase.
How many points will I earn when I shop?
We display the number of points available for a product on the product's page on our website. Normally we'll give you one point for every pound you spend, but watch out for double and triple points deals for even more savings!
Here at Andertons Music Co. we believe that we stock some of the best musical equipment in the world. That's why we want to make it as quick and easy as possible for you to get your order, safe and sound!
We offer a wide range of delivery options to help fit around your busy lifestyle without compromise. This includes free, named-day delivery for most UK postcodes on orders over £99 which are in stock, Saturday & Sunday deliveries, and competitive delivery rates worldwide.
Please note: Some UK postcodes including remote areas and Northern Ireland are subject to charges.
You can find full details about the services we offer, including details on our international delivery charges, on our main delivery page. Click here to read more.
Finance available at checkout for orders £300+