The Alpha 80 is a 8" Studio monitor, using a Polyglass cone loaded in a large laminar port and of a 1" (25mm) aluminum inverted dome tweeter. It features a 40W amplifier for the tweeter and a 100W amplifier for the woofer, and has a frequency response of 35Hz to 22kHz (+/- 3dB).
Focal are well known for their high end, pro studio monitoring solutions like the CM series, so they certainly know how to make quality gear. The Alpha series offers the focal experience for project studios, with a range of nearfield monitors that produce a punch, dispite their compact footprint.
Flagship of the line, Alpha 80 is particularly ideal for producing music which is rich in bass or which requires high power reserves.
- Low directivity: keeps the same sound throughout the room
- Damping and rigidity: neutrality, no distortion
- Tonal balance is identical at low and high volumes; low sensitivity to wall effects
- Connect up to 2 audio sources
- Optimal acoustic integration
- Reduced power consumption