The Fishman Rare Earth Blend is one of the fastest and destruction-free ways of getting great natural amplified sound from an acoustic guitar. As the name implies the Blend is actually two pickups which you can blend at will: the magnetic pickup works in the same way as the pickups in an electric guitar which gives you great articulation and clarity, while the mini cardioid microphone provides the warm natural body of the sound. Either pickup sounds good in it's own right but together you get the best of both worlds: warm and natural yet articulate and clear!
Here's what Fishman say about the Rare Earth Blend
An improved microphone and re-voiced electronics offer a warmer, more natural acoustic tone. Easily accessible Mic/Pickup Blend Control offers fingertip control to dial in just the right blend. For unequalled sound quality and ease of use, it’s hard to beat the performance of the Rare Earth Blend.
Cutting-edge neodymium magnets provide excellent string-to-string balance while the pickup’s active electronics and low-noise, discrete circuitry design keep the sound pure and clean with smooth response throughout the frequency range.
- Re-voiced and fine-tuned for smoother treble response and a warmer, more naturally acoustic tone
- Active electronics and neodymium magnet structure for exceptional string balance and sparkling acoustic clarity
- Flexible cardioid microphone and mic/pickup blend control
- Miniature batteries mount conveniently on the underside of the pickup (batteries included)
- Low current design of the preamp allows up to 150 hours between battery changes
- Newly designed mounting system and ergonomic body shape
- Pre-wired output jack can also be endpin mounted
- Easy installation with no alteration – plug-and-play right out of the box