The Fender Stratocaster is the world's most popular guitar design, known for its ergonomic body shape and triple-threat of vibrant single-coil pickups. The Fender Vintera '70s Strat keeps many classic features intact that are true to the original models; sure to satisfy traditionalists that seek nostalgic tones and a vintage feel.
Timeless Fender Construction
Fender has relied on a favoured tonewood combination for the Vintera '70s Strat. Comprised of an Ash body, this rich-sounding and lightweight material keeps things balanced across the frequency spectrum; the perfect tonal foundation for the pokey pickups. This particular model also has a stunning translucent finish that highlights the gorgeous wood grain.
The Ash body is joined with a bolt-on Maple neck, bringing out some crisp top-end snap. Giving notes plenty of immediacy, this guitar offers a very responsive feel. The Pau Ferro fingerboard is another thoughtful design feature, adding some crucial lower mid-range warmth and providing a silky-smooth touch under the fingers.
Fender's time-honoured early '70s "C” profile has a comfortable feel; slim enough for contemporary players yet thick enough to keep the traditionalists happy. Vintage frets also contribute to the nostalgic feel, as well as the period-accurate 7.25" fingerboard radius.
The Vintera '70s Strat achieves its authentic sounds from its vintage-voiced '70s single-coils. With a vibrant, articulate and chimey character; these medium-output pickups excel with clean amp settings, especially if you use positions 2 and 4 on the pickup selector switch for those classic out-of-phase tones. They're not one-trick ponies though, as these single-coils sound bright and focused with overdrive and distortion too.
For spicing up chords and licks with some tasteful vibrato, the Fender Vintera '70s Strat is equipped with a classic 6-screw synchronised tremolo. The vintage-style tuning machines also provide original-era aesthetics, while their bulletproof design ensures rock-solid performance and exceptional tuning stability.
For keeping the Vintera '70s Strat safe on the road, the included Fender Deluxe Gig Bag's rugged design will provide great protection.
- Body Wood: Ash
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyester
- Body Shape: Stratocaster
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Gloss Urethane
- Neck Profile: Early '70s "C"
- Fingerboard: Pau Ferro
- Fingerboard Radius: 7.25" (184.1 mm)
- Fret Size: Vintage
- Number of Frets: 21
- Inlays: White Dots
- Nut Material: Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Truss Rod: Vintage-Style
- Neck Pickup: Vintage-Style '70s Single-Coil Strat
- Middle Pickup: Vintage-Style '70s Single-Coil Strat
- Bridge Pickup: Vintage-Style '70s Single-Coil Strat
- Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickup Position 3. Middle Pickup Position 4. Middle and Neck Pickup Position 5. Neck Pickup
- Controls: Master Volume, Tone 1. (Neck Pickup), Tone 2. (Middle Pickup)
- Bridge: 6-Saddle Vintage-Style Synchronized Tremolo
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Parchment/Black/Parchment
- Control Knobs: Aged White
- Tuners: Fender Vintage "F" Stamped
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Strings: Fender USA 250L, NPS, (.009-.042 Gauges)
- Case/Gig Bag: Fender Deluxe Gig Bag