Fender's Player Plus instruments are made specifically for performance-hungry musicians seeking affordable, advanced tools of expression. Built upon the best-selling Player series formula, these models come refined with modern upgrades that keep you feeling inspired to play both louder and longer!
The Fender Player Plus Jazz Bass V delivers superior playability, tone and style for the latest generation. Powered by a set of potent Player Plus 'Noiseless' pickups, the instrument also boasts a 3-band active EQ that affords precise sound-shaping — with a toggle to switch between active or passive modes for unparalleled flexibility. Additional appointments include a sleek "C"-shaped Maple neck enhanced with a slippery satin finish and rolled fingerboard edges, medium jumbo frets for superb note control, and a tone-boosting 'HiMass' bridge.
- Alder Body — Popular timber synonymous with Fender instruments. Offers a balanced sonic foundation for the pickups, with tight lows, bold mids and singing highs.
- Modern "C" Maple Neck (with Rolled Edges) — Contemporary, rounded neck profile with moderate depth. Softened fingerboard edges and satin neck finish ensure a silky-smooth playing experience.
- 12" Fingerboard Radius — Flatter than you'd find on most Fenders. Great feature for modern bassists who like to play fluid jazz and funk lines.
- Medium Jumbo Frets — Large, tall frets increase the distance between the strings and fingerboard for exceptional note control.
- Player Plus 'Noiseless' Pickups — Legendary Jazz Bass single-coil tones completely free of hum! New pickup design provides more clarity and growl too.
- Versatile Preamp — Mini toggle switch lets you swap between active and passive modes, giving this bass both modern and vintage voices. 3-band EQ allows for precise control over the lows, mids and highs (with the ability to boost or cut).
- 'HiMass' Bridge — Thick steel design enhances sustain and boosts low-end warmth. Features saddles that are held in place by a slot, ensuring even string spacing and perfect intonation.
- Included Deluxe Gig Bag — Rugged fabric case offers rock-solid protection for the instrument.
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyester
- Body Shape: Jazz Bass
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Satin Urethane
- Neck Shape: Modern "C"
- Scale Length: 34" (86.36 cm)
- Fingerboard Material: Maple
- Fingerboard Radius: 12" (305 mm)
- Number of Frets: 20
- Fret Size: Medium Jumbo
- Position Inlays: Black Pearloid Dot
- Side Dots: Black
- Nut Material: Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width: 1.875" (47.6 mm)
- Bridge Pickup: Player Plus Noiseless Jazz Bass
- Middle Pickup: Player Plus Noiseless Jazz Bass
- Controls: Master Volume, Pan Pot (Pickup Selector), Treble Boost/Cut, Midrange Boost/Cut, Bass Boost/Cut, Active/Passive Mini Toggle
- Switching: Pan Pot
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Bridge: Fender HiMass with Chrome-Plated Zinc Saddles
- Tuning Machines: Standard Open-Gear
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Mint Green
- Control Knobs: Vintage-Style Black Plastic Jazz Bass
- Strings: Fender USA 7250-5M Nickel Plated Steel (45-125 Gauges)
- Case: Deluxe Gig Bag (Included)