The Fender Precision Bass was the first mass produced electric bass guitar and was widely adopted by players upon it's release in 1951. With its thick low end and pin point precision, the P Bass was a complete game changer for bass players and ultimately led to a number of subsequent imitations. Aesthetically, Leo Fender's iconic design has remained largely unchanged over the last 7 decades, aside from a few small refinements to improve tone and playability
Following the resounding success of the Mexican made Player series, Fender is back with the all new Player Plus range of guitars and basses. Bringing together classic Fender design and player-centric features, the Player Plus range delivers incredible playability and unmistakeable Fender style. New features include noiseless pickups, a 12" fretboard radius and striking new finishes to spark your creativity!
The Fender Player Plus Precision Bass features an Alder body for a defined, full bodied sound with prominent mids and a beefy bottom end. With its big, full sound, Alder is a great all-rounder tonewood and makes the P Bass incredibly versatile. Alder has been a mainstay of Fender bodies from the very beginning and for good reason. A Maple neck and Pau Ferro fretboard give the P Bass a brightness and sparkle on the top end without sounding harsh.
Noiseless PJ Pickups
The Player Plus Precision Bass comes loaded with a set of noiseless PJ pickups, for complete tonal freedom without the annoying background noise. With a punch and growl that is synonymous with Fender basses, the Player Player P Bass allows for precise tone shaping via a 3-band active EQ with switchable active/passive operation for ultimate flexibility.
Modern "C" Shape Neck
Featuring a modern "C" shape Maple neck, the Player Plus P Bass is sleek and smooth and fits your hand perfectly. The satin finish feels fast and silky and ensures the neck won't become sticky in hot environments and the 12" fretboard radius with rolled edges offers incredible comfort and playability.
The Player Plus P Bass features a Fender HiMass™ bridge with chrome-plated zinc saddles for added sustain, resonance and perfect intonation. At the other end, a set of Fender standard open-gear tuners ensures rock solid tuning stability every time.
- Body Shape: P Bass
- Body Material: Alder
- Finish: Gloss Polyester
- Material: Maple
- Profile: Modern "C" Shape
- Scale Length: 34"
- Fingerboard Material: Pau Ferro
- Fingerboard Radius: 12" (305mm)
- Number Of Frets: 20
- Nut Material: Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width: 1.625" (41.3mm)
- Inlays: White Pearloid Dots
- Joint: 4-Bolt
- Truss Rod: Single Action, Head Adjust
- Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Bridge: Fender HiMass™ with Chrome-Plated Zinc Saddles
- Tuning Machines: Standard Open-Gear
- Pickguard: 4-Ply Toirtoiseshell
- Control Knobs: Knurled Flat-Top
- Strap Buttons: Vintage Style
- Bridge Pickup: Player Plus Noiseless™ Jazz Bass®
- Middle Pickup: Player Plus Precision Bass®
- Controls: Master Volume, Pan Pot (Pickup Selector), Treble Boost/Cut, Midrange Boost/Cut, Bass Boost/Cut, Active/Passive Mini Toggle
- Output Jack: 1/4"
- Strings Gauge: Fender® USA 7250M Nickel Plated Steel (.045-.105 Gauges)
- Case: Deluxe Gig Bag