The top of the line American Original series boasts the highest build quality, specs and sound of any Fender production guitar. What you're getting here are specific features associated with a decade of Fender history.
Nothing really gets close to the Thinline '60s Telecaster's clean and edge-of-breakup tones. It's perfectly suited to country, indie rock and any style that utilises lots of dynamics.
In the build department, the '60s Tele deviates very little from the classic semi-hollow formula. It's made of a lacquered ash body with a maple neck and fingerboard packing just 21 tall frets.
At a 25.5-inch scale length and 9.5-inch radius fretboard, the Tele playability is that which you know and love. The three-saddle bridge and bone nut ensure minimal string slippage and roadworthy stability.
A double dose of legendary Tim Shaw-designed single coil pickups deliver a lively, chimey tone. Combined with the semi-hollow body, the result is an airy character full of harmonic content. A simply iconic tone to have shaped countless records.
- Material: Ash
- Body Finish: Gloss Lacquer
- Body Shape: Telecaster
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard: Maple
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 21
- Frets Size: Vintage Tall
- String Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Position Inlays: Black Dot
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Pickups: Tim Shaw designed 60s Telecaster Thinline pickups
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Blade
- Pickup Configuration: SS
- Bridge: 3-Saddle Vintage-Style Tele® with Slotted Steel Saddles
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Pure Vintage '70s with Fender® Logo
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Mint Green
- Control Knobs: Knurled Flat-Top