The Fender Jaguar is an iconic offset electric guitar, known for its manageable 24" scale length and floating tremolo tailpiece. The Fender Vintera '60s Jaguar keeps many old-school appointments intact, and provides traditional tones for vintage aficionados.
Timeless Fender Construction
Fender has relied on its favoured tonewood combinations for the Vintera '60s Jaguar. Comprised of an Alder body, this balanced-sounding material ensures robust lows, lively mids and crisp highs; the perfect tonal foundation for the Jaguar's jangly single-coil pickups.
The Alder body is joined with a bolt-on Maple neck, bringing out even more top-end snap. Giving notes plenty of immediacy, this guitar offers a very responsive feel. The Pau Ferro fingerboard is another thoughtful design feature, adding some crucial lower mid-range warmth and providing a silky-smooth touch under the fingers.
The Vintera Jaguar neck is shaped to Fender's time-honoured mid '60s "C” profile. This neck carve is fairly universal, slim and comfortable for contemporary players yet thick enough to satisfy true traditionalists. Vintage frets also contribute to the nostalgic feel, as well as the period-accurate 7.25" fingerboard radius.
Signature Single-Coil Tones
The Vintera '60s Jaguar achieves its authentic sounds from its vintage-voiced single-coils. With a vibrant, articulate and chimey character, these medium-output pickups excel with clean amp settings, but sound bright and punchy with big doses of overdrive too! This alternative all-star really is suitable for a wide range of styles.
Many of the distinctive hardware appointments found on original Jaguars from the '60s have been retained for the Vintera model. Fitted with a classic floating tremolo tailpiece, you can warble to your heart's content. However, the bridge piece does feature Mustang saddles, with their wider grooves allowing the strings to glide more freely - for a smoother action. This also ensures better tuning stability.
Vintage-style tuning machines provide original-era aesthetics, while their bulletproof design ensures rock-solid performance. For keeping the Vintera '60s Jaguar safe on the road, the included Fender Gig Bag's rugged design will provide great protection.
- Body Wood: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyester
- Body Shape: Jaguar
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Gloss Urethane
- Neck Profile: Mid '60s "C”
- Fingerboard: Pau Ferro
- Fingerboard Radius: 7.25" (184.1 mm)
- Fret Size: Vintage
- Number of Frets: 21
- Inlays: White Dots
- Nut Material: Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Truss Rod: Vintage-Style Butt Adjust
- Neck Pickup: Vintage-Style Single-Coil Jaguar
- Bridge Pickup: Vintage-Style Single-Coil Jaguar
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle (Lead Circuit)
- Controls: Circuit Selector Switch, Rhythm Circuit Volume and Tone, Lead Circuit Volume and Tone, Pickup On/Off Switches, Tone Circuit Switch
- Bridge: Jaguar Bridge with Mustang Saddles and Vintage Style "Floating" Tremolo Tailpiece
- Pickguard: 4-Ply Tortoiseshell
- Control Knobs: Vintage Style Black Plastic Jazz Bass
- Tuners: Vintage-Style
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Strings: NPS, .009-.042 Gauges
- Case/Gig Bag: Fender Gig Bag