Sadly we are unable to ship this product outside of Europe at this time. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause. If you have any questions you can contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or check out our Help Centre.
The Duo-Sonic is a bit of a hidden gem in the Fender lineup. Originally released as a student guitar in 1956, the Duo-Sonic found a second life in the alternative and indie communities due to some of its unique qualities. The Duo-Sonic has great playability thanks to its small offset body and 24" scale length, and packs versatile sounds with its dual single-coil configuration. An old school design updated for the modern player.
Compact Yet Comfortable
Short scale (distance between the bridge and the nut) guitars have always been popular among beginners but they're also becoming increasingly popular with more experienced players. The Duo-Sonic has a 24" scale length which is shorter than the 25.5" scale you find on most Fender guitars. This lowers the string tension which makes it easier to fret and bend notes and you also get a slightly warmer tone as a result. The lower string tension also means you can use heavier gauge strings for a thicker tone without straining your fingers.
The small alder body helps keep the guitar lightweight, taking less of a toll on your back when you're standing - especially useful if you're an energetic performer. The neck is a comfortable "C" shape with a satin finish on the back so you won't have to worry about your hand sticking to it. The maple fingerboard offers a super smooth playing surface and the 9.5" fingerboard radius is suited to both chords and solos alike.
Classic and Modern Tones
The Duo-Sonic features two single-coil pickups for a clear and articulate tone. This may look like a simple pickup configuration but there's plenty of versatility here. The neck pickup offers smooth, rounded sounds, while the bridge pickup is brighter and punchier; and when you put them together you get some seriously spanky funk and country tones.
- Series: Player
- Country Of Origin: MX
- Body: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyester
- Body Shape: Duo-Sonic™
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Satin Urethane Finish on Back, Gloss Urethane Finish on Front
- Neck Shape: "C" Shape
- Scale Length: 24" (610 mm)
- Fingerboard: Maple
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 22
- Frets Size: Medium Jumbo
- String Nut: Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Position Inlays: Black Dot
- Truss Rods: Standard
- Bridge Pickup: Duo-Sonic™ Single-Coil
- Neck Pickup: Duo-Sonic™ Single-coil
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge And Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Pickup Configuration: SS
- Bridge: 6-Saddle Strings-Through-Body Strat® Hardtail with Bent Steel Saddles
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Standard Cast/Sealed
- Pickguard: 1-Ply Gold Anodized Aluminum
- Control Knobs: Knurled Flat-Top
- Strings: Fender® USA 250R Nickel Plated Steel (.010-.046 Gauges)