The Fender Jazzmaster is an iconic offset electric guitar, known for its distinctive soapbar-style pickups and floating tremolo tailpiece. The Fender American Professional Jazzmaster keeps many old-school appointments intact, but features a number of modern enhancements to suit the demands of contemporary players.
This limited edition model is unique for its stunning all-Rosewood neck, giving the instrument a much warmer sound and a velvet-like feel.
In typical Fender fashion, the American Professional Jazzmaster features an Alder body. This balanced-sounding material ensures robust lows, lively mids and crisp highs; the perfect tonal foundation for the Jazzmaster's jangly single-coil pickups.
The Alder body is joined with a bolt-on all-Rosewood neck, bringing out plenty of low-end roundness and offering a smooth mid-range. A Rosewood fingerboard is in-keeping with the dark aesthetic, while providing a silky-smooth touch under the fingers.
Shaped to Fender's Modern Deep "C” profile, the Limited Edition American Professional Jazzmaster's neck strikes the perfect balance between a contemporary and vintage feel. Narrow Tall frets are also thoughtful, with the 9.5" fingerboard radius keeping traditionalists happy without alienating modern guitarists.
Versatile Single-Coil Pickups
The American Professional '60s Jazzmaster achieves its authentic sounds from its Pure Vintage '65 single-coil pickups. With a vibrant and punchy character, these medium-output pickups excel with clean amp settings but also sound dynamic and potent with overdrive and distortion.
This alternative all-star really is suitable for a wide range of styles, and the Treble Bleed circuit is another cool feature that ensures that the top-end is retained when turning down the volume control.
Many of the distinctive hardware appointments found on original Jazzmasters from the '60s have been retained for this model. Fitted with a Vintage "Floating" Trem tailpiece, you can warble to your heart's content. Fender's 6-Saddle Adjustable bridge enables excellent access for action and intonation tweaks, but the Rosewood neck should be rock-solid in differing climates - so hopefully you won't have to adjust it often!
For keeping the American Professional Jazzmaster safe on the road, the included Fender case's rugged design will provide great protection.
- Body: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Urethane
- Body Shape: Jazzmaster
- Neck Material: Rosewood
- Neck Finish: Satin Urethane
- Neck Shape: Modern "Deep C"
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 22
- Frets Size: Narrow Tall
- String Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.685" (42.8 mm)
- Position Inlays: White Dot
- Truss Rods: Bi-Flex
- Truss Rod Wrench: 1/8" Hex (Allen)
- Bridge Pickup: Pure Vintage '65 Single-Coil Jazzmaster
- Neck Pickup: Pure Vintage '65 Single-Coil Jazzmaster
- Controls: Master Volume with Treble-Bleed, Master Tone
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge And Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Pickup Configuration: SS
- Bridge: 9.5 inch Radius Jazzmaster/Jaguar Bridge with Vintage-Style Floating Tremolo with Tremolo Lock Button and Screw-in Tremolo Arm
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Fender Standard Cast/Sealed Staggered
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Mint Green
- Control Knobs: Aged White "Witch Hat"
- Strings: Fender USA 250L Nickel Plated Steel (.009-.042 Gauges)