The top of the line American Original series boasts the highest build quality, specs and sound of any Fender production guitar. What you're getting here are specific features associated with a decade of Fender history.
The '60s Jazzmaster was far ahead of its time thanks to its sophisticated control layout, elegant body shape and modern style.
In the build department, the '60s Jazzmaster deviates very little from the original formula. It's made of a nitro lacquered alder body with a maple neck and rosewood fingerboard packing 21 tall frets.
With what could be considered the first contemporary “C” shape neck and a 9.5-inch radius fretboard, the '60s Jazzmaster provides near-on perfect playability. The classic tremolo bridge provides further characterful options to your playing.
The famous Pure Vintage '65 single coil duo are lively, cutting and dynamic. They're ideally suited to edge-of-breakup and hotter driven tones which were popularised at the time. These Jazzmaster variations are more more aggressive than their Strat counterparts.
The extended control layout lends itself to experimentation and tonal discovery at its fullest potential.
- Series: American Original
- Country Of Origin: US
- Color: Ice Blue Metallic
- Body: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Body Shape: Jazzmaster
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Shape: Mid '60s "C"
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 21
- Frets Size: Vintage Tall
- String Nut: Bone
- Pickups: Pure Vintage '65 Single-Coil Jazzmaster
- Controls: Lead Circuit Controls (Slide Switch Down): Volume (Neck), Volume (Bridge), Master Tone; Rhythm Circuit Controls (Slide Switch Up): Two Thumbwheel Controls for Neck Pickup Volume and Tone
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle
- Bridge: Vintage-Style Floating Tremolo with Tremolo Lock Button and Push-In Tremolo Arm
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Pure Vintage Single Line "Fender Deluxe"
- Pickguard: 4-Ply Tortoiseshell
- Control Knobs: Aged White "Witch Hat"