J Mascis is an alternative rock icon. Famous for running Fender guitars into huge amp stacks turned up to eleven; Mascis' massive fuzzy riffs, incendiary leads and huge hooks have made his work in Dinosaur Jr. and on solo records an indispensable part of rock history — influencing countless artists to follow.
The J Mascis Telecaster is one of the coolest-looking Fender signature guitars we've ever seen! Essentially a recreation of his favourite instrument, an original 1958 top-loader Tele, this stunning artist model boasts a dazzling Bottle Rocket Blue Flake finish, a mirrored chrome pickguard, custom J Mascis single-coil pickups and a "Road Worn" maple neck with aged hardware.
- Ash Body — Time-honoured tonewood choice, used for original '50s Telecasters. Offers a rich sound with plenty of harmonic content.
- Blue Sparkle Finish — Sure to catch the attention of any audience member when you're on-stage!
- Road Worn Maple Neck — Artificially aged to provide a "played in" look and feel. Finished with a smooth satin lacquer.
- “C”-Shaped Profile — Custom J Mascis neck carve maximises playing comfort, fitted with jumbo frets for a controllable feel.
- Custom J Mascis Pickups — Vintage-voiced, '58-inspired pickups project a super-clear and dynamic sound.
- Top-Loader Bridge — Strings are thread through the bridge rather than the body, true to the late '50s Tele design.
- Body Material: Ash
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyester
- Body Shape: Telecaster
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Satin Urethane
- Neck Shape: "C"
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard Material: Maple
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Frets: Jumbo
- Number of Frets: 21
- Position Inlays: Black Dot
- Nut Material: Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width: 1.685" (42.8 mm)
- Bridge Pickup: J Mascis Custom ’58 Tele Single-Coil
- Neck Pickup: J Mascis Custom ’58 Tele Single-Coil
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups (Out of Phase), Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Bridge: 3-Saddle Vintage-Style Topload Tele with Barrel Brass Saddles
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Vintage-Style
- Pickguard: 1-Ply Mirrored Chrome
- Control Knobs: Knurled Flat-Top
- Strings: Fender USA 250R Nickel Plated Steel (.010-.046 Gauges)
- Case/Gig Bag: Deluxe Gig Bag