The Fender Rarities Flame Koa Top Stratocaster is one of the most stunning and unique-looking Strats you’ll find outside of the Custom Shop. With its flame koa top, Filtertron-style bridge pickup, and Hot ‘59 Strat single-coils with gold-foil covers, this guitar has a striking appearance and a tone to match.
The body of this guitar is made from ash which is a classic choice that harks back to 50s-era Strats, but the top is anything but traditional. The flame koa top gives this Strat an exotic look that’s unlike any production-line Fender around which will really help you stand out from the crowd. The body has a durable gloss polyurethane finish that’ll keep its shine for longer than a nitro-finish meaning that koa top will always look its best.
In more familiar territory, the neck is made from maple with a “Modern C” profile that fits comfortably in the hand. The matching maple fingerboard offers a smooth playing surface and the 9.5” radius is comfortable for playing chords and solos alike.
The pickups are another unique feature on this Strat. Underneath those eye-catching gold-foil single-coil covers lies two Hot ‘59 Strat pickups. While they may look non-traditional, you can rest assured that you won’t miss out on those iconic Strat tones, albeit in a more powerful format thanks to the overwound design of these pickups. Encased in a Filter’Tron style cover, the bridge pickup is a humbucker designed by Fender’s pickup guru Tim Shaw. Powerful, yet articulate this pickup adds some extra punch to the Strat formula.
- Country Of Origin: US
- Color: Natural
- Body: Ash with Flamed Koa Top
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Body Shape: Stratocaster
- Neck Material: Quarter-Sawn European Maple
- Neck Finish: Satin Urethane Finish on Back, Gloss Urethane Finish on Front
- Neck Shape: Modern "C"
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard: Maple
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 21
- Frets Size: Narrow Tall
- String Nut: Bone
- Bridge Pickup: Tim Shaw-Designed Pickup with Filter’Tron Cover
- Middle Pickup: Hot ’59 Strat® with Gold Foil Covers
- Neck Pickup: Hot ’59 Strat® with Gold Foil Covers
- Controls: Master Volume, Tone 1. (Neck Pickup), Tone 2. (Bridge Pickup)
- Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade
- Bridge: 6-Saddle American Vintage Synchronized Tremolo
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Fender® Standard Cast/Sealed Staggered
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Parchment
- Control Knobs: Aged White Plastic