Fender have always been a great choice for those who want a versatile tone machine at a great price. Now they are adding even better value to their Mexican made line with the Deluxe Stratocaster that features premium components and build quality at a price most guitarists will be able to afford.
Classic 70's Strat Design
While the features on this guitar are about as modern as you can get on a Strat the look is still very 70's. With its slightly flatter body and oversized headstock this guitar still wears its history proudly while realising that there is a lot that has been improved in recent years.
Normally the Fender Noiseless pickups are only available on some of the highest end USA made guitars but now they have made their way to Mexico. Fitted in this guitar you have a set of the classically voiced Vintage Noiseless pickups that combine real vintage single coil tones without any of that annoying buzz or hum that you get on regular single coils.
In the bridge position you get something a bit different with a Twin Head Vintage humbucking pickup. This allows you to get much hotter tones with a rounder midrange that suits some heavier styles. This can then be switched to just activate the rear coil for true single coil tones in all positions.
As they are improving all of the electronics why not take a look at the hardware as well! So now this guitar has a more modern 2 point synchronized tremolo which matches classic saddles with modern performance. Combine that with an asymmetrical neck plate for better neck access and locking short pole machine heads and you have a really stable guitar without the limitations of older designs.
Here's what Fender say about the Deluxe Strat
Fat, hard-rockin' sound and elegant Fender style unite in the Deluxe Strat HSS, a versatile tone machine with power to spare. The rich, warm humbucking bridge pickup adds a touch of thickness to the instrument's voice, while special electronics ensure traditional Strat tone is close at hand; ready to go at a moment's notice. A time-tested performer on stage and in the studio, this graceful performer with smooth, comfortable playing feel will easily handle any sonic needs that arise. Two noise-free, highly articulate Vintage Noiseless pickups inhabit the neck and middle positions, cranking out traditional, crisp Strat tones. The Twin Head Vintage humbucking pickup in the bridge position has moderate output, warm tone and even string response, as well as including a thick aluminium base plate to reduce magnetic interference. For traditional Strat tones, simply tap the S-1 switch atop the volume knob to select the rear coil of the bridge pickup-voila, instant classic Strat sound. Enjoy smoother travel when using the tremolo bridge, thanks to the modern two-point synchronized design, which includes bent steel saddles for classic aesthetics. A contoured neck heel and 4-bolt asymmetrical neck plate make it easy to comfortably reach the upper registers of the neck. The flatter 12"-radius fingerboard makes it easy to play fast leads and perform deep bends without fretting out. Locking short-post tuning machines provide increased break angle at the nut for buzz-free playing and enhanced tuning stability, along with quicker string changes. Sporting authentic Fender style and versatile sound, the Deluxe Strat HSS is the ideal instrument for players who need a variety of tones for the stage or the studio.
- Body Shape: Stratocaster
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyester
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Shape: Modern "C"
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard Radius: 12" (305 mm)
- Number of Frets: 22
- Fret Size: Narrow Tall
- String Nut: Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Truss Rod Nut: 3/16" Hex Adjustment
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt Asymmetrical
- Neck Finish: Satin Polyurethane
- Fingerboard: Maple
- Position Inlays: Black Pearloid Dots on Maple, White Pearloid Dots on Rosewood
- Bridge Pickup: Twin Head Vintage Humbucking
- Middle Pickup: Vintage Noiseless™ Single-Coil Strat
- Neck Pickup: Vintage Noiseless™ Single-Coil Strat
- Controls: Master Volume, Tone 1. (Neck Pickup), Tone 2. (Middle Pickup)
- Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickup, Position 3. Middle Pickup, Position 4. Middle and Neck Pickup, Position 5. Neck Pickup
- Pickup Configuration: HSS
- Special Electronics: S-1 Switch on Volume Control Selects Rear Coil of Bridge Pickup
- Bridge: 2-Point Synchronized Tremolo with Bent Steel Saddles
- Tuning Machines: Deluxe Cast/Sealed Locking with Vintage Style Button
- Orientation: Right-Hand
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Mint Green
- Control Knobs: Aged White Plastic