The Fender Professional Tele is one of those guitars that needs no introduction. It's got the classic look and that twangy sound that can be heard on countless records since the 50s! With V-Mod pickups, a fantastic fret design that makes bending a breeze and a comfortable tapered neck for even better playing comfort.
Taking a page out of the Custom Shop book, Fender have adorned this model with a Roasted Maple neck and fretboard. Snappy tones with a smooth feel and gorgeous contrasting looks to boot, you also get a deep C neck profile to wrap your hands around.
The American Professional range has replaced the American Standards. Made in America with high-end hardware and each one comes with an official Fender hardshell case.
Continuing with the Custom Shop influence, this Tele comes dual-loaded with Custom Shop '51 Nocaster Single-coil pickups. Stunning Telecaster tone that’s every bit the signature twang you’d expect, unprecedented for a US-made production model.
The American professional models also have the Treble Bleed Circuit which keeps the trebles pronounced, even when turning the volume down.
The neck shape is the new Deep C profile which is a tapered neck. This means it’s thinner at the headstock end where you play chords and may want to get your thumb over the top to fret the E-String. The neck flattens out the higher up you go to make faster playing a bit easier and a bit more fluid.
The Narrow-Tall frets make bending a little bit easier as they don’t provide as much friction or resistance as vintage frets do. And because they’re slightly narrower, it gives the actually fret spacing a little more room. It’s an incremental change, but every little helps…
- Body: Ash
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Body Shape: Telecaster
- Neck Material: Roasted Maple
- Neck Shape: Modern Deep C
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard: Roasted Maple
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5”
- Number of Frets: 22
- Frets Size: Jumbo
- String Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.685”
- Position Inlays: Black Dot
- Bridge Pickup: Custom Shop '51 Nocaster Single-coil
- Neck Pickup: Custom Shop '51 Nocaster Single-coil
- Controls: 1 x master volume (with treble bleed), 1 x master tone, 3-way blade pickup switch
- Pickup Configuration: SS
- Hardware Finish: Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Fender Deluxe Locking
- Control Knobs: Knurled flat-top
- Bridge: 3-Saddle Ashtray bridge