The Fender American Professional Strat is a guitar that needs little introduction. It's got classic looks and a sound heard over countless records since the '50s. Features include V-Mod pickups, a fantastic fret design that makes bending a breeze and a comfortable tapered neck for even better playing comfort.
HSS Strats are sometimes known as "superstrats" due to their immense versatility. It's the best of both worlds, giving you those sought after out-of-phase Strat sounds thanks to the bridge position humbucker and middle and neck position single coils.
The American Professional range has replaced the old American Standard. Each guitar is made in Fender's Californian factory using high-end woods and hardware. Includes an official Fender hardshell case.
The bridge pickup has been designed by renowned Fender electronics guru Tim Shaw. It is the go-to Fender humbucker, possessing incredible bite and power.
The American Professional V-mod pickups have each been voiced for their individual position, rather than the same pickup put into each position as they were before. V-Mod pickups are a blend of Alnico magnet types, delivering a versatile array of crisp, sweet tones.
This model also boasts the Treble Bleed Circuit which keeps high-end frequencies pronounced even when you turn the volume control down.
A new deep "C" profile neck shape combines classic '60s feel with flatter modern shoulders. The tapered neck means it’s thinner at the headstock end to play chords where you may want to get your thumb over the top to fret the E-String. The neck flattens out the higher up you go, making faster playing far more fluid.
The narrow-tall frets are ideal for big bends, reducing friction and resistance in stark contrast to some vintage frets. There's a little more room to manoeuvre because they’re slightly narrower than what you'd find on most guitars. It’s an incremental change but every little helps!
- Series: American Pro
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Neck: Maple, Modern “Deep C”
- Neck Finish: Satin Urethane Finish on Back of Neck with Gloss Urethane Headstock Face
- Fingerboard: Maple, 9.5” (241 mm)
- Frets: 22, Narrow Tall
- Nut (Material/Width): Bone, 1.685” (42.8 mm)
- Scale Length: 25.5” (648 mm)
- Bridge: 2-Point Synchronized Tremolo with Bent Steel Saddles and Pop-In Tremolo Arm
- Tuning Machines: Fender Standard Cast/Sealed Staggered
- Control Knobs: Aged White Plastic
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Pickups: Shawbucker™ 1 (Bridge), V-Mod Single-Coil Strat (Middle), V-Mod Single-Coil Strat (Neck)
- Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade
- Special Electronics: Dual 250K/500K Volume Potentiometer
- Controls: Master Volume with Treble-Bleed, Tone 1. (Neck/Middle Pickups), Tone 2. (Bridge Pickup)