The Fender Professional Strat is one of those guitars that needs no introduction. It's got the classic look and sound that can be heard on countless records since the 50s! With Shawbucker pickups, a fantastic fret design that makes bending a breeze and a comfortable tapered neck for even better playing comfort.
The HH model is a true rock machine giving you the power of a humbucker in the neck and bridge.
The American Professional range has replaced the American Standards. Made in America with high-end hardware and each one comes with an Elite hardshell case.
The Bridge & Neck humbucker was designed by Tim Shaw and is renowned as the go-to Fender humbucker thanks to it's bite and power without ever being overwhelming.
The American Professional models also have the Treble Bleed Circuit which keeps the trebles pronounced, even when turning the volume down.
The neck shape is the new Deep C profile which is a tapered neck. This means it’s thinner at the headstock end where you play chords and may want to get your thumb over the top to fret the E-String. The neck flattens out the higher up you go to make faster playing a bit easier and a bit more fluid.
The Rosewood fretboard also gives you a bit more warmth and depth of tone than Maple would.
The Narrow-Tall frets make bending a little bit easier as they don’t provide as much friction or resistance as vintage frets do. And because they’re slightly narrower, it gives the actually fret spacing a little more room. It’s an incremental change, but every little helps…
Here's what Fender say about the HH Strat
Often copied, but never surpassed, the Stratocaster is arguably the world’s most-loved electric guitar. Electrifying the music world since its release in 1954, its natural, versatile sound made the Stratocaster the benchmark for exceptional guitar tones. The American Professional Stratocaster HH ShawBucker isn’t a re-imagining of the classic design; it’s the authentic original model, evolved for today’s players.
The choice of musical legends since its release, the Stratocaster feel and sound set the world on fire, powering music movements from rock ‘n’ roll to EDM, and everything in-between. In your hands this Strat is ready to navigate the creative twists and turns of your music, inviting you to express yourself in new ways through your playing.
The pair of warm, rich-sounding ShawBucker humbucking pickups are voiced specifically for each position, producing powerful, nuanced tones with original Fender sonic DNA. Retain high end clarity when adjusting the volume controls, thanks to the new treble-bleed tone circuit that lets your tone shine through in all its glory. The new modern “Deep C”-shaped neck profile feels just right in your hand while the narrow-tall frets make it easy to bend strings accurately and play perfectly intonated chords.
The best of yesterday and today, the American Professional Stratocaster HH Shawbucker is the latest form of electric inspiration from Fender. Step up and stake your claim to a legend.
- Series: American Pro
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Neck: Maple, Modern “Deep C”
- Neck Finish: Satin Urethane Finish on Back of Neck with Gloss Urethane Headstock
- Fingerboard: Rosewood, 9.5” (241 mm)
- Frets: 22, Narrow Tall
- Position Inlays: White Dot (Rosewood)
- Nut (Material/Width): Bone, 1.685” (42.8 mm)
- Tuning Machines: Fender Standard Cast/Sealed Staggered
- Scale Length: 25.5” (648 mm)
- Bridge: 2-Point Synchronized Tremolo with Bent Steel Saddles and Pop-In
- Tremolo Arm
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Mint Green (700, 706), 3-Ply Parchment (705, 748, 776)
- Pickups: Shawbucker™ 2 (Bridge), Shawbucker™ 1 (Neck)
- Pickup Switching:
- 5-Position Blade: Pos 1. Full Bridge Pickup, Pos 2. Inside Coils of
- Both Pickups, Pos 3. Both Full Pickups, Pos 4. Outer Coils of Both
- Pickups, Pos 5. Full Neck Pickup
- Controls: Master Volume with Treble-Bleed, Tone 1. (Neck Pickup), Tone 2.
- (Bridge Pickup)
- Control Knobs: Aged White Plastic
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Strings: Fender® USA 250L, NPS (.009-.042 Gauges)
- Case/Gig Bag: Elite Molded Case