The Fender American Performer Telecaster is one of the most affordable US-made guitars available in Fender's catalogue. This instrument beautifully displays Fender's class-leading craftsmanship in all of its glory.
This particular take on the American Performer Tele boasts a stunning Raw Ash satin finish, with Yosemite pickups and the desirable 'Greasebucket' tone circuit. A truly standout workhorse instrument.
Fender's long-established tonewood combinations remain intact with the Performer Tele. Featuring an Ash body, this popular material ensures balanced lows, lively mids and a crisp top-end, serving as the perfect tonal foundation for the spanky-sounding single-coils. The grain is left exposed with a satin finish for truly head-turning looks.
The Ash body is paired with a Maple neck, accentuating the highs even more to allow your playing to really cut through in a mix. The bolt-on construction also gives notes a definitive snap, so that you can play with plenty of articulation.
Fitted with a pair of Fender's new Yosemite single-coils, the American Performer Tele is guaranteed to project rich and expressive tones. With flat-staggered pole pieces that increase their output, these pickups also have a shellac coating that controls feedback without choking their sound.
It doesn't end there though; the 'Greasebucket' tone circuit lets you roll off the top-end without adding any bass frequencies, you can use your tone control in a more useful and musical manner - not turning your guitar tone to mush!
While the electronics will appeal strongly to modern players, the hardware leans more towards tradition. Fitted with a classic ashtray-style bridge with 3 saddles, you can thread the strings through the body for increased warmth and sustain.
At the other end of the instrument you'll find a set of Fender ClassicGear tuners. Offering a smooth feel for precise pitching, these tuning machines will keep the strings stable and secure.
- Body Material: Ash
- Body Finish: Satin Polyurethane
- Neck: Maple, Modern “C”
- Neck Finish: Satin Polyurethane
- Fingerboard: Maple, 9.5” (241 mm)
- Frets: 22, Jumbo
- Position Inlays: Black Dots
- Nut (Material/Width): Synthetic Bone, 1.650” (42 mm)
- Tuning Machines: Fender ClassicGear
- Scale Length: 25.5” (648 mm)
Electronics & Hardware
- Bridge: 3-Saddle Strings-Thru-Body Tele
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Parchment
- Pickups: Yosemite Single-Coil Telecaster (Bridge/Neck)
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickups, Position 3. Middle Pickup
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Greasebucket Tone Circuit
- Control Knobs: Knurled Flat-Top
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Strings: Fender USA, NPS, (.009-.042 Gauges)
- Case/Gig Bag: Deluxe Gig Bag