The Naked series is what happens when everything is stripped away and you are just left with the simple tonewood finish. It's simple design allows the wood to breathe and resonate naturally due to the lack of a gloss finish.
Don't be fooled by it's simplicity though. The tones that this guitar delivers and rich and complex and the body shape allows the guitar to project in both a live and studio environment.
The Fishman Isys 1 Pickup
You get plenty of bang for your buck and the Fishman pickup on-board will mean you can get on stage and get gigging from the first day you play it. It's also got a tuner on-board so that you don't have any excuse to play a dud note.
Hardware And Construction
The hardware is solid and robust and has all been designed to work with the construction of the guitar to give you tones that are lush and reliably consistent. All in all, a solid instrument for players wanting to upgrade their first guitar or even pro players that are after a simple and stylish instrument.
Here's What Faith Say About the Naked Series Venus
Voted The UK's Best Acoustic Guitar 2013
The Venus is the now iconic shape that brought Faith Guitars to the consciousness of so many players over the years. The combination of a 15" lower bout and a slimmer depth of body looks to classic OM or Auditorium body-shapes for inspiration, and makes the Venus the perfect compromise.
It is still big enough to deliver a big acoustic performance, yet remains small enough for the player to jump around on stage with no problem.
The Spruce top and Mahogany body of each of the Faith Naked instruments is 100% solid tonewood – in keeping with all other Faith series. However, the cosmetics and non-essential dressing has been stripped away, leaving the guitars in their natural, Naked state. Satin finished all over, the tonewood is almost entirely unrestricted in its resonant movement, so the tone delivered is far beyond what is normally expected at this price level.
This model is fitted with Fishman Isys 1 electronics.
- Pickup/Preamp: Fishman Isys 1 w/ Onboard Tuner & Volume/Contour Controls
- Top Wood: Solid Sitka Spruce (2 Stage Satin)
- Back Wood: Solid Indonesian Mahogany (2 Stage Satin)
- Side Wood: Solid Indonesian Mahogany (2 Stage Satin)
- Bracing Material: Quarter-Sawn Spruce
- Bracing Pattern: Patrick James Eggle X-Brace Design
- Rosette: 2mm Abalone
- Neck: Mahogany
- Neck Finish: Satin
- Neck Joint: Patrick James Eggle Bolt-On Design
- Fingerboard: Indonesian Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 16"
- Fingerboard Inlays: Mother of Pearl 'F' at 12th Fret
- Machine Head: Faith Precision Chrome
- Trussrod: 2 Way
- Nut/Saddle: NuBone
- Nut Width: Nut 43mm / String Spacing 55mm
- Bridge: Indonesian Rosewood
- Bridge Pins: Macassan Figured Ebony with Abalone Dots Finish
- Finish Type: 2 Stage Satin all over