Despite being a relatively small brand, Faith produce some amazing quality acoustic guitars that deliver well above what there price-points suggest. With excellent craftsmanship and features, these guitars are meant to be played, not just live but also in the studio.
Their Naked series is what happens when everything is stripped away and you are just left with the essentials. The Naked range is about bringing Faith’s amazing guitars to a wider market, providing a guitar that is even more affordable and within the reach of less-experienced players. With a simpler, less-flashy design, the focus is on the sound of the instrument and its playability.
Quality Sound and Feel
The Saturn series is a staple of Faith's line-up, with its medium-sized dreadnought body offering a big and natural acoustic tone. The Mahogany back and sides produce a warm sound with plenty of bottom-end, supporting a vocal perfectly.
The satin-finished neck feels smooth and fast, not hindering you in any way. This is particularly good if you sweat a lot on stage, as the finish will not feel sticky. An Indonesian Ebony fretboard gives a classy look to the instrument, but also blends well with the body tonewoods to deliver a balanced tone with a solid mid-range that will let you cut through.
Here's what Faith says about the Naked Series Saturn Acoustic Guitar:
One of the original Faith shapes that launched the brand at the beginning of this century, this Saturn is a square-shouldered dreadnought design.
Based upon the traditional early 20th century designs, the Saturn is like an old friend: you know exactly what to expect, and it always delivers just as you would want.
The Spruce top and Mahogany body of each of the Faith Naked instruments is 100% solid tonewood – in keeping with all other Faith series. However, the cosmetics and non-essential dressing has been stripped away, leaving the guitars in their natural, Naked state. Satin finished all over, the tonewood is almost entirely unrestricted in its resonant movement, so the tone delivered is far beyond what is normally expected at this price level.
- Top Wood: Solid Engelmann Spruce (2 Stage Satin)
- Back Wood: Solid Indonesian Mahogany (2 Stage Satin)
- Side Wood: Solid Indonesian Mahogany (2 Stage Satin)
- Binding: N/A
- Bracing Material: Quarter-Sawn Spruce
- Bracing Pattern: Patrick James Eggle X-Brace Design
- Rosette: 2mm Abalone
- Neck: Mahogany
- Neck Finish: Satin
- Neck Joint: Patrick James Eggle Bolt-On Design
- Fingerboard: Indonesian Ebony
- Fingerboard Radius: 16"
- Fingerboard Inlays: Mother of Pearl 'F' at 12th Fret
- Machine Head: Faith Precision Chrome
- Trussrod: 2 Way
- Nut / Saddle: NuBone (LC6116)/(LC9110)
- Nut Width: Nut 43mm / String Spacing 55mm
- Bridge: Indonesian Ebony
- Bridge Pins: Ebony with Ablone Dots
- Finish Type: 2 Stage Satin all over