Warmth is the keyword when it comes to the Faith Classic Burst Series acoustic guitars. Featuring warm tonewoods such as mahogany and red cedar and an appropriate sunburst finish to match, the Classic Burst acoustics have a rich, mellow vibe.
Mahogany and cedar are both tonewoods that are known for their warm characteristics. Mahogany brings a punchiness with lower mid-range and bass emphasis, while the cedar adds rich overtones with a similar lower-end emphasis. These guitars also feature solid Macassan ebony fingerboards which make for a smooth playing experience.
These guitars are ready to play live right out of the box with the onboard Fishman Sonitone preamp and under-saddle pickup. The Sonitone is a soundhole mounted preamp with rotary controls and makes for a discrete preamp solution that doesn't interfere with the guitar's aesthetic.
Here's What Faith Say About the Classic Burst Series Mercury
A little beauty, this Mercury is a traditional short-scale parlour model. With the neck joining the body at the 12th fret - rather than the 14th - the strings are held at a slightly lower tension than on regular models. Another implication of the 12th fret join is that the bridge is shifted further from the soundhole.
These features result in a guitar that is physically easier to play, sounds much bigger than you would imagine and is also simple to handle and transport.
Using the combination of Red Cedar and Mahogany, Classic Burst models sound as rich and warm as they look. Using a three-tone burst finish, based on deep browns, reds and amber, this finish is intentionally understated and is a personal favourite of Patrick's.
The tonal character will have emphasis on the lower-midrange with a beautifully warm, vocal nature. The Classic Burst models are bound with Solid Macassan Ebony, and use the same high quality timber for the fingerboards, headplates, heelplates, bridges and bridge pins. Faith Classic Burst guitars are complete with a Faith Hardcase.
- Top Wood: Solid Red Cedar
- Back Wood: Solid Mahogany (Deep Satin)
- Side Wood: Solid Mahogany (Deep Satin)
- Binding: Ebony
- Bracing Material: Quarter-Sawn Spruce
- Bracing Pattern: Patrick James Eggle X-Brace Design
- Rosette: 5mm Abalone with Fibre Border
- Neck: Mahogany
- Neck Finish: Satin
- Neck Joint: Patrick James Eggle Bolt-On Design - 12 Fret to body
- Fingerboard: Macassan Figured Ebony
- Fingerboard Radius: 16"
- Fingerboard Inlays: Mother of Pearl 'F' at 12th Fret
- Machine Head: Grover Rotomatic Gold
- Trussrod: 2 Way
- Nut / Saddle: TUSQ (PQ-6116)/(PQ-9110)
- Nut Width: 45mm
- Bridge: Macassan Figured Ebony
- Bridge Pins: Indian Ebony with Abalone Dots
- Finish Type: PU Lacquer Hi-Gloss all over
- Preamp / Pickup: Fishman Sonitone / Fishman Sonicore
- Hardcase: Included