The Wolfgang has become a modern classic, with its design pioneered by the legendary tone-tinkerer Eddie Van Halen. With its distinctive offset body shape, high-output pickups and Floyd Rose tremolo system, this instrument is made for performance thanks to its comfortable build and premium hardware appointments.
Formed of a Basswood body, this tonewood is not only a great ergonomic option due to its light weight, but its balanced tonal qualities make it a great foundation for the characterful and vibrant-sounding pickups.
Joined with a bolt-on Quartersawn Maple neck, you can expect a bright and articulate sound, as well as a snappy response with a fast attack. This is great for tight palm-muted riffing in particular, but the clear and defined tone can also allow lead playing to cut through in heavy, energetic mixes. A sleek Ebony fretboard feels smooth and refined under the fingers, so that you can glide up and down the neck easily.
A compound radius fretboard is an excellent high-end feature of this instrument. Rounded at the lower end of the neck to make chords easier and more comfortable to play, the fretboard flattens out in the higher register to make shredding a breeze. This also helps to prevent notes from fretting out when performing string bends, making it another ergonomic design addition.
Electronics and Hardware
This high-performance instrument is powered by a pair of direct-mounted EVH Wolfgang humbuckers, versatile enough to handle high doses of gain whilst also offering warm tones with clean settings. With a three-way switch you can get the pure, unbridled bite of the bridge pickup, the smooth and creamy tone of the neck pickup for leads, or a combination of both for balanced cleans.
A double-locking EVH-branded Floyd Rose tremolo will keep this guitar in tune incredibly well, no matter how extreme your Van Halen-style divebombs may be! With the D-Tuna also fitted, you can detune the low E string down a whole step for classic Drop D tuning, without the pain of unlocking the nut.
- Series: Wolfgang® Special
- Body Material: Basswood
- Body Finish: Satin Urethane
- Neck: Bolt-On Quartersawn Maple, Wolfgang® Backshape
- Neck Finish: Hand-Rubbed Satin Urethane
- Fingerboard: Ebony, 12” to 16” Compound Radius (304.8 mm to 406.4 mm)
- Frets: 22, Jumbo
- Position Inlays: Pearloid Dot
- Nut (Material/Width): Floyd Rose® R2 Locking, 1.625” (41.3 mm)
- Tuning Machines: EVH®-Branded Gotoh
- Scale Length: 25.5” (648 mm)
- Bridge: EVH®-Branded Floyd Rose® Locking Tremolo with EVH D-Tuna®
- Pickguard: None
- Pickups: Direct Mount Wolfgang® Humbucking (Bridge and Neck)
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge And Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Controls: Volume (500K EVH Bourns Low Friction Pot), Tone (250K EVH Bourns High Friction Pot)
- Control Knobs: Black Knurled With White Indicator
- Hardware: Black
- Strings: EVH® Nickel Plated Steel (.009-.042 Gauges)