Free Plugins: Now - January 31st 2022
Register any Eventide Blackhole®, MicroPitch Delay, UltraTap or TriceraChorus pedal and get your choice of either TriceraChorus, UltraTap, MicroPitch or Blackhole software plug-in free until January 31, 2022. Register your purchase on your Eventide account here.
The Blackhole is the latest mind-warping stompbox from digital effects specialists Eventide. A powerful multi-reverb pedal, the Blackhole will suck you in with its incredible ambient algorithms - taking your guitar tone to another dimension!
Equipped with 5 ethereal sounds, a multitude of effect-tweaking controls, and a 'Freeze' feedback function that's perfect for creating droney soundscapes; almost any atmospheric reverb effect is possible with the mighty Eventide Blackhole - the new ambient centrepiece for your pedalboard.
5 Otherworldly Reverb Effects
Eventide's Blackhole pedal isn't designed for the faint-hearted. This unit is made specifically for experimentalists looking to push the musical boundaries with otherworldly reverb effects. And with five factory-loaded algorithms at your disposal - there's plenty to play with!
In Eventide's own words: "Create supermassive atmospheres with Blackhole mode, soar through nimbus clouds with the airy delay of Dark Matter, achieve sonic supernovas with the resounding swirl of Nebula, experience an uncharted galaxy of sound with the warmth of Singularity, and achieve a stellar rotation of sonority with Pulsar – or get creative and create presets of your own."
'Eventide Device Manager' Software
It's already clear that the Eventide Blackhole reverb pedal does a lot - but there's more! Via the free 'Eventide Device Manager' (EDM) software for PC/Mac, you can gain access to dozens more reverb algorithms that can easily be loaded into the pedal with a USB cable.
Blackhole can load as many as 127 presets via MIDI too, which are accessible in the preset list on the Device Manager. This software also allows you to create and store presets on your computer, as well as configure system settings and download software updates.
'Infinite' & 'Freeze' Modes
The Eventide Blackhole features two types of "infinite" reverb. 'Infinite' mode continuously layers new sounds on top of a suspended reverb for a rich cascading effect, while 'Freeze' mode holds the effect in stasis - allowing you to play over the reverb trail. The 'Freeze' footswitch provides instant access to this clever feature.
Modulated Reverb Sounds
Eventide's Blackhole goes a step further than most ambient workstation pedals. By building modulation effects into its reverb structures, rather than applying them pre or post, they can be used to smooth out the rough edges of the most extreme settings and offer unique tone-shaping ability for dreamy textures.
'Unique Gravity' Control
You can tailor the sound of the Blackhole's reverb trails in two ways via the 'Unique Gravity' control. 'Normal' or 'Inverse Decay' settings allow you to create interesting swells, or suck the dry signal back into the reverb trail for reverse-like effects. At longer decay times, Blackhole allows the articulation to shine through without competing with the reverb trail.
- Five presets loaded at your feet with dozens more available with 'Eventide Device Manager' (EDM) software
- 'Eventide Device Manager' (PC or Mac) application for software updates, system settings and creating/saving presets
- Use the Size knob to control the size of the reverb from a cartoonishly small room to a limitless universe
- Use Pre Delay to offset the onset of the reverb
- When the Freeze button is in Freeze mode, tap this footswitch to instantly access the Feedback’s freeze function
- Dual action Active Footswitch - latching or momentary
- Rear panel Guitar/Line Level switch for matching impedances with guitar, synths, FX loop or DAW interface
- Map any combination of parameters to an Expression Pedal (i.e. Map the EQ controls to an expression pedal to add movement to the reverb tail)
- Use a single Aux switch to Tap Tempo or a triple Aux switch for easy preset changing (up/down/load)
- MIDI capability over TRS (when using a MIDI to TRS cable or converter box) or over USB
- Multiple Bypass options: Buffered, Relay, DSP+FX or Kill Dry
- Catch-up mode helps you to dial-in your sound when toggling between presets/parameters
- Fine-tune your tone with Lo, Hi and Q (resonance) controls
- Unique Gravity control to custom-tailor the reverb trail in two realms — Normal or Inverse Decay
- Input: 1/4" TRS / Mono = Tip, Stereo = Tip & Ring
- Out 1: 1/4" TS Mono / Mono Output
- Out 2: 1/4" TS Mono / Stereo Output
- EXP: 1/4" TRS / Expression pedal, Aux Switch or MIDI I/O
- Mono/Stereo Switch: Sets Input to Mono (Tip) or Stereo (Tip + Ring)
- Guitar/Line Level Switch: Optimises internal gain structure
- Mini USB: Software updates, MIDI I/O
- DC Input Jack: 5.5mm / 2.1mm plug / Centre Negative (-)