Here's what ESP says about the LTD KH-3 Spider Kirk Hammett Signature 30th Anniversary Electric Guitar:
In 1991, Kirk Hammett of Metallica came to ESP with a request for a new guitar with a single cutaway design, but with the features of his KH-2 guitar. Metallica’s graphic artist Pushead designed a spider graphic specifically for this new instrument. The KH-3 Spider was played by Kirk throughout the ’90s on tours supporting the legendary Black Album. After spending a number of years on display at the Rock and Roll Hall of fame, the original KH-3 was returned to ESP so we could reference it for this 30th Anniversary edition.
The LTD Kirk Hammett Signature Series 30th Anniversary KH-3 Spider is a reissue of the original KH-3 model with a few upgrades. In addition to neck-thru-body construction, a Floyd Rose 1000 bridge, and a fast extra-thin U-shaped neck with an ebony fingerboard which is scalloped from #17-24. Also new for the anniversary model are Kirk’s signature EMG Bonebreaker pickups.
- Body: Alder
- Finish: Black w/ Spider Graphic
- Neck: 3-Piece Maple
- Neck Contour: Extra Thin U
- Construction: Neck-Thru
- Scale: 24.75"
- Fingerboard: Macassar Ebony
- Radius: 350mm
- Frets: 24 XJ
- Nut: Floyd Rose Locking
- Nut Width: 42mm
- Bridge: Floyd Rose 1000 Locking Tremolo
- Tuners: Grover
- Strap Buttons: Standard
- Hardware Colour: Black
- Bridge Pickup: EMG BoneBreaker
- Neck Pickup: EMG BoneBreaker
- Controls: Neck Volume/Bridge Volume/Tone/Toggle Switch
- Strings: D'Addario XL120 (9-42)
- Case/Gig Bag: EC Guitar Form Fit Case