Classic design, contemporary features. The Les Paul Modern brings legendary design into the 21st century. Epiphone’s Inspired by Gibson range takes advanced construction techniques and elite electronics and applies them to accessible instruments.
Everyone knows the original Les Paul is a hefty beast. Epiphone are applying Ultra Modern chambering to the mahogany body in order to relieve your shoulders of some of the burden - without affecting tone. Topped with a maple cap to lay down the cool sparkle paint job, the Les Paul Modern is a different animal to what we’ve seen in the past from Epiphone.
The asymmetrical neck shape and ebony fingerboard are more welcome additions in enhancing playability and fretting hand comfort. In the hardware department, the Modern is equipped with a Graptech NuBone nut and LockTone ABR bridge to enforce super tight tuning stability.
The Les Paul Modern houses ProBucker-2 and 3 humbuckers modelled after their Gibson-made counterparts. They’re inspired by the original PAF pickups and are characterised by the alnico vintage output and sweet sustain.
The bridge ProBucker-3 is slightly overwound for extra attack and sounds great through high gain, while the neck pickup takes a softer touch. Both are coil split to create dynamic single coil tones in an instant.
- Body Shape: Les Paul Modern Figured
- Body Material: Mahogany
- Binding: Single Ply White
- Weight Relief: Ultra Modern
- Finish: Gloss
- Material: Mahogany
- Profile: Asymetrical Slim Taper with Contoured Heel
- Scale Length: 24.72" / 628mm
- Fingerboard Material: Ebony
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Number Of Frets: 22
- Frets: Medium Jumbo
- Nut Material: Graph Tech® NuBone™
- Inlays: Les Paul Standard Trapezoid
- Joint: Glued in
- Finish: Nickel
- Tuner Plating: Nickel
- Bridge: LockTone™ ABR
- Tailpiece: Stopbar
- Tuning Machines: Grover® Locking Rotomatic tuners with Tulip Buttons with an 18:1 ratio
- TrussRod: Adjustable
- Truss Rod Cover: Bell-Shape (black)
- Control Knobs: Clear Top Hats
- Switch Tip: Black
- Neck Pickup: ProBucker-2™ humbucker w/coil-splitting
- Bridge Pickup: ProBucker-3™ humbucker w/coil-splitting
- Controls: 2 Volume w/coil splitting and treble bleed, 2-Tone with phase switching
- Pickup Selector: 3-way Epiphone toggle
- Output Jack: 1/4" Heavy-Duty Epiphone