A shape that still turns heads to this day. The Flying V is a bonafide classic in the Epiphone ranks. Epiphone’s Inspire by Gibson collection borrows the best bits of the original legendary instruments and throws in modern construction techniques, hardware and electronics for good measure.
The Flying V is made of a classic mahogany body and neck combo – a case of don’t fix what’s not broken. The SlimTaper ‘C’ shape neck is extremely comfortable for fast runs up and down the 12” laurel fretboard. Hardware appointments include the excellent Graph Tech nut, LockTone bridge and 18:1 ratio tuners for consistent tuning stability.
Housing ProBucker-2 and 3 humbuckers inspired by legendary PAF pickups, the Flying V is made from the ground up for rock. These are characterised by the alnico low output and sweet sustain. The bridge ProBucker-3 is slightly overwound for extra attack and sounds great through high gain, while its neck counterpart takes a softer touch.
- Body Shape: Flying V
- Body Material: Mahogany
- Finish: Gloss (Ebony)
- Material: Mahogany
- Profile: SlimTaper™ C-Profile
- Scale Length: 24.75"
- Fingerboard Material: Indian Laurel
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Number of Frets: 22
- Frets: Medium Jumbo
- Nut Material: Graph Tech®
- Nut Width: 1.693"
- Joint: Glued-In
- Finish: Nickel
- Tuner Plating: Nickel
- Bridge: LockTone™ Tune-o-matic
- Tailpiece: Flying V String-Thru
- Tuning Machines: Epiphone Vintage Deluxe 18:1 Ratio Machine Heads
- Pickguard: White
- Control Knobs: Black Top Hats
- Pickup Covers: Nickel
- Neck Pickup: ProBucker-2™
- Bridge Pickup: ProBucker-3™
- Controls: 1 - Neck Volume, 1 - Bridge Volume, 1 - Neck Tone, 1 - Bridge Tone, 1 - Three Way Pickup Selector CTS Potentiometers
- Output Jack: 1/4"