Here's what Epiphone say about the Dave Rude Flying V Outfit:
The Ltd. Ed. Dave Rude Flying V Outfit was designed by Tesla legend Dave Rude and features a classic Flying V in an Alpine White gloss finish with a red pearloid pickguard, ProBucker humbuckers with coil-splitting, Grover Rotomatic machine heads, a Graph Tech® nut, an EpiLite™ Case. Includes a signed Certificate of Authenticity.
Epiphone's ProBucker™ humbucker has quietly become one of the most talked about pickups in the industry. It has fooled experts, vintage purists, and even luthiers who have worked with the best vintage examples from the late 50s and early 60s.
Epiphone ProBucker™ humbuckers are the real deal--made with 18% Nickel Silver unit bases and covers, the same alloy used by Gibson at the Kalamazoo factory when the humbucker was first invented. The use of Nickel Silver reduces the occurrence of eddy currents due to low conductivity and provides a more transparent and crisp output.
The size and shape of the bobbins also has a great impact on tonal response. And the bobbins used on ProBucker™ pickups duplicate the size and shape of the gold standard in the industry, Gibson humbuckers. Epiphone ProBucker™ pickups also feature sand cast Alnico II magnets, high quality 4 conductor lead wire, and are vacuum wax potted to eliminate microphonics.
- Body Shape: Dave Rude Flying V
- Body Material: Okoume
- Material: Okoume
- Profile: Slim Taper™ C
- Scale Length: 24.75" / 628.65mm
- Fingerboard Material: Hard Maple
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Frets: Medium Jumbo
- Nut Material: Graph Tech®
- Nut Width: 1.68" / 42.67mm
- Joint: Glued-in Set
- Finish: Nickel
- Bridge: LockTone Tune-o-matic
- Tailpiece: Stop bar
- Tuning Machines: Grover® Rotomatic™ ; 18:1 ratio
- Pickguard: Red Pearloid with White Backing
- Truss Rod Cover: 2-ply Red Pearloid with White Backing
- Control Knobs: White Speed Knobs
- Strap Buttons: 2-butt and shoulder
- Neck Pickup: ProBucker-2™ humbucker w/coil-splitting
- Bridge Pickup: ProBucker-3™ humbucker w/coil-splitting
- Controls: Neck Volume (pull for coil-split), Bridge Volume (pull for coil-split), Master Tone
- Pickup Selector: 3-way Toggle Switch, Epiphone All-Metal
- Output Jack: 1/4" Heavy-Duty Epiphone
- Strings: .10, .13, .17, .26, .36, .46
- Case: EpiLite™ Case
- Accessories: Signed Certificate of Authenticity