Here's What Electro-Voice Have To Say About the ND96:
The ND96 is a robust, high-performance, large-diaphragm dynamic supercardioid vocal microphone. Designed for excellent acoustic control on very loud stages, the ND96’s special structural and acoustical designs create performance characteristics allowing the microphone’s gain before feedback in a mix to be significantly louder than most microphones.
- Push vocals through the mix: structural and acoustical functions allow the signal to be pushed through incredibly loud ambient volumes without risking feedback
- Large-diaphragm dynamic capsule creates a rich and detailed frequency response
- Vocal presence emphasis switch: a selectable voice presence booster reduces certain low-mid frequency areas and emphasizes key upper-midrange vocal presence areas for a more profound vocal edge when driving the voice higher in the mix
- Shock-mounted capsule minimizes handling noise: low frequency bumps and thumps won’t get into the PA
- Humbucking coil guards against line hum: use with confidence near speaker cabinets and EMF-generating equipment racks
- Memraflex grille resists denting: durable tight-mesh grilles withstand extraordinarily rough treatment