There are few people who exude such effortless cool as Johnny Depp. A popular face in Movies, Theater and now rock'n'roll, with gigs supporting Alice Cooper, Marilyn Manson it was only a matter of time before a signature guitar would follow.
This guitar is as characterful and unique as the man himself. With an etched aluminum top covered in Johnny's tattoo designs, a back designed to match the artwork on his back and references to him all over the guitar this really is 100% Depp. They even made sure the coil had 1963 windings, the year Johnny was born.
Here's what Duesenberg have to say about the Artist Series "Johnny Depp"
The body of the Artist Series "Johnny Depp" guitar is made from American Alder combined with an Ash top. On top of that, there is an aluminum top plate in which we etched a selection of his personal tattoos. The tattoos were photographed from Johnny's body and redrawn by an artist to have them then applied onto the aluminum top. The image that you can see on the back of the guitar is actually the tattoo Johnny has on his back. You can find further references to his tattoos all over the guitar.
The pickup is P90 style, but custom wound to Johnny's needs. A small switch close to the volume pot (which is the only control on the guitar apart from the switch) allows you to do a coil tap to switch between full fat P90 sound and a more vintage Telly sound… which works really well by the way – honestly. The coil that you can take out of the signal actually has 1963 windings, which is Johnny’s year of birth – which is an absolutely great little detail.
- Type: traditionally glued in
- Wood: 1-piece maple
- Width: 42,5 mm / 1.67" (nut), 52 mm / 2.05" (12th fret)
- Thickness: 21 mm / 0.8" (1st fret), 24 mm / 0.95" (12th fret)
- Shape: D
- Fingerboard: indian rosewood
- Radius: 30,5 mm / 12"
- Inlays: tattoo inlays
- Frets: 22 jumbo 2,8 x 1,0 mm
- Scale length: 650 mm / 25.6"
- Trussrod: steel dual-action
- Headstock: black, tattoo on the rear side
- Type: solid American alder with sound chambers
- Top: flat
- Size: 41 x 32,5 x 4,5 cm / 16.14" x 12.6" x 1.77"
- Binding: cream
- Pickguard: aluminum plate with Johnny Depp tattoo artwork
- Finish: black PUR lacquer. tattoo on the rear side
- Tuners: Duesenberg Z-Tuners, "Art Diego" buttons
- Bridge: Duesenberg wrap-around bridge
- Strap pins: Duesenberg standard
- Hardware color: nickel
- Strings: Duesenberg DSA10 (010-013-017-028-042-050)
- Pickup: Duesenberg JD-63 tapped single coil
- Wiring: 1 volume, 1 coil tap switch
- Case: Artist Series case (included)
- Tools: all required allen keys (included)