Duesenberg has graced Wolfsburg guitarist Sascha Paeth with a distinctive signature instrument based on their existing Paloma model - but with a few key twists! Mixing vintage style with modern functionality, this German-designed instrument can become the ultimate workhorse for live and studio use.
Just like Duesenberg's Paloma guitar, which this instrument heavily derives from, the Alliance Series Sascha Paeth model is one of just a few solid-body guitars in the brand's catalogue. This means that you can achieve thick tones from the Ayous body; an unusual but very lightweight African wood that projects a strong mid-range punch.
The body is paired with a 1-piece Maple neck, set into the body and featuring an ergonomic "Superfly" heel joint that enables excellent access to the higher frets. The Maple adds some bright top-end snap that gives notes a clearer and more immediate response, while the neck profile will suit both contemporary and traditional players alike. Finishing off the wood choices, you have an Indian Rosewood fingerboard that feels super-silky under the fingers.
If you have ever played a vintage guitar with a tremolo, it's likely that you would have encountered some serious tuning issues. That's why Duesenberg has sought to provide players with a charming, vintage-style guitar that has a few modern perks.
The Sascha Paeth signature guitar most notably features Duesenberg's ultra-smooth Diamond Deluxe Tremolo. This elegant system is very Bigsby-esque, but allows you to change strings far more easily. The Z-Tuners are also very tasteful; keeping your tuning rock solid while also easing the string-changing process.
Glorious Duesenberg Pickups
Most Duesenbergs come equipped with a custom humbucker in the bridge position and a P90 in the neck. The Sascha Paeth model is no exception. With a "Domino" P90 in the neck position, this pickup delivers a creamy response and cleans up nicely if needed.
The "CrunchBucker" is a different affair, with a higher output that can cope with anything from mild overdrive to sizzling distortion. Perfect for blues and hard rock, this pickup is also acclaimed for its clarity and precision, allowing your playing articulation to really shine through.
Other features include a kill-switch located for easy right hand access, a discrete thumb-wheel neck volume preset control for quick clean pickup tones when switching, and an exclusive faux snake skin finish.
- Type: Solidbody, ayous
- Size: 46 x 34 cm / 18" x 13.4"
- Height (sides): 4.2 cm / 1.7"
- Binding: Cream
- Pickguard: Black
- Finish: PUR lacquer
- Neck Joint: Set-in with "Superfly" heel joint
- Wood: 1-piece maple
- Width: 42.5 mm / 1.67" (nut), 52 mm / 2.05" (12th fret)
- Thickness: 21 mm / 0.8" (1st fret), 24 mm / 0.95" (12th fret)
- Shape: D
- Fingerboard: Indian rosewood, radius 305 mm / 12"
- Inlays: Creme dots
- Frets: 22 jumbo 2.8 x 1,0 mm
- Scale length: 648 mm / 25.5"
- Trussrod: Steel dual-action
- Headstock: Matching
- Tuners: Duesenberg Z-Tuners, "Art Diego" buttons
- Bridge: Duesenberg steel saddle bridge
- Tremolo: Duesenberg Diamond Deluxe Tremolo, short version
- Strap pins: Duesenberg standard
- Hardware color: Nickel
- Strings: Duesenberg DSA10 (010-013-017-028-042-050)
- Pickup (neck): Duesenberg Domino P90
- Pickup (bridge): Duesenberg CrunchBucker
- Wiring: 2 volume, 1 tone, kill-switch, 3-way pickup switch, thumb-wheel neck volume preset control