Diezel have packed all the impressive capabilities of the amazing Herbert head into a pedal, boasting a whopping 9 controls to play with and of course, that legendary mid-cut switch.
They've voiced this pedal on the 2nd and 3rd channels of the Herbert amp, ensuring highly-responsive gain and tweakable EQ frequencies to emphasise whatever tonal sweet spot you desire. Whatever tone you dial in, you'll get that signature Diezel roar.
A second footswitch controls the effects of the midcut circuit. This has two separate controls, master and intensity, to control whether you have a strong full range tone for a classic sound or sharper, punchy modern mids.
The Herbert pedal is specifically built with versatility in mind. It can be used as a preamp or distortion pedal. Use the dedicated “To Power Amp In” output jack through your effects loop or simply into a power amp to capture the true essence of a Diezel Herbert.
Otherwise place it in front of your pre-existing clean or dirty tones to push them even harder.
- Midcut Master: Adjusts the volume of the pedal when the Midcut is on.
- Midcut Intensity: Adjust the intensity of the Midcut.
- Normal Master: Adjust the volume of the pedal when the Midcut is off.
- Gain: Adjusts the amount of gain for the pedal.
- Treble, Middle, Bass: Shapes the EQ and adjusts the overall tone.
- Presence: Contours the high frequency content - simulating the PRESENCE control on the HERBERT amplifier.
- Deep: Increases the ultra low frequency content - simulating the DEEP control on the HERBERT amplifier.
- Guitar input: Connect your guitar to this input.
- Stereo Remote Jack: Tip is switching Mid cut section on/off. Ring is switching Bypass on the “Out to guitar amp” or Mute on the “Out to power amp”.
- To Clean Guitar Amp In: Connect to the clean input of your amp.
- To Power Amp In: Connect to the power amp in.
- 12-18V Center Negative Included is a universal 12V power supply and 18V splitter cable.