Cranborne Audio Camden EC2 Two Channel Preamp
OUT OF STOCK
This item is out of stock. We can special order this item from our supplier.
to order online today
at our Guildford Store
FREE UK Delivery
Earn 1099 Loyalty Points
Click and Collect
The Cranborne Audio Camden EC2 is a two-channel, 1U preamp that offers both high-quality transparent and vintage-style sounds. Based on the award-winning Camden 500, the EC2 uses the same preamps and Mojo analogue saturation circuits and features two reference-quality headphone amps for monitoring.
The EC2 utilises the same acclaimed Camden preamp technology as the Camden 500. These preamps provide the EC2 with an exceptionally clear and transparent tone across a wide frequency range with low noise and low distortion. From boosting low-sensitivity microphones without adding noise to capturing sharp drum hits without phase shift, the EC2’s preamps can handle it while maintaining clarity. Each preamp features a 12-way gain switch which makes stereo matching for a stereo mic setup a breeze.
Switch To A Vintage Tone
While the Camden EC2 offers excellent transparency, with the Mojo circuitry you can switch to a more vintage sounding thick and warm preamp tone. Mojo has two distinct modes, Thump Mojo for a transformer-based sound, or Cream Mojo which emulates a tube-based preamp sound. Mojo features a variable saturation control so you adjust how much of that vintage tone you want and when you turn it down to Off it is true bypassed so it won’t affect your pristine transparent sound.
Monitoring and Connectivity
Each preamp features a reference-quality headphone amp for direct monitoring, and you can also create mixes with external playback via the Aux input. The Camden EC2 features a hi-z circuit as well as ¼” jack Link outputs on each channel. This makes it great for re-amping guitars and basses, allowing you to capture a wet and dry signal using the two preamps. The EC2 is also C.A.S.T. enabled which means you can use it with Cranborne Audio’s 500R8 or 500ADAT for expanded audio routing.
- Test Signal Path: APx555 (Line Out) - Input 1 - Line Output - APx555 (Line In)
- Input Impedance (Mic) = 8.9 kOhms 48v Off, 5.4 kOhms 48v ON,
- Input Impedance (Line) = 24.3 kOhms,
- Input Impedance (Hi-Z) = 1.5 MOhm Unbalanced, 3 MOhm Balanced
- Max Input Level (Mic) = +17.6dBu (<0.003% THD)
- Max Input Level (Line) = +26.5dBu (<0.02% THD)
- Max Input Level (Hi-Z) = +24dBu (<0.02% THD)
- Minimum Gain: Mic= 8dB, Line = 0dB, Hi-Z = 3dB
- Maximum Gain: Mic = 68dB, Line = 60dB, Hi-Z = 63dB
- THD+N: <0.00025% (1kHz, 35dB Gain, +24dBu out)
- Hi-Pass Filter (HPF): 80Hz, -3dB, 12dB/Oct
- CMRR: >70dB, typ >85dB, 35dB gain, 10-20kHz, 100mV Common mode
- Slew Rate: 20V/uS, 35dB gain, +25dBu out
- Link Max Output Level: Impedance Balanced 1/4” Jack = +21.8dBu (<0.006% THD)
- Link Output Impedance: Impedance Balanced 1/4” Jack = 75 Ohm Unbalanced, 150 Ohm Balanced (Buffered Output)
Equivalent Input Noise (EIN)
- <-129.5dBu (150 Ohm source, unweighted)
- <-131dBu (150 Ohm source, A-weighted)
- <-135.5dBu (Inputs common, unweighted)
- ±0.7dB (<1 Hz to >1000 kHz, Min Gain)
- ±0.7dB (<1 Hz to >1000 kHz, 35dB Gain)
- ±1dB (<1.5 Hz to 900 kHz, 63dB Gain)
- ±1dB (<5 Hz to >200 kHz, Max Gain)
- <2.75° (20Hz to 20kHz, 40dB Gain)
- <4° (20Hz to 20kHz, 63dB Gain)
- <6° (20Hz to 20kHz, Max Gain)
- <0.0006% (50Hz and 7kHz, 35dB gain, +20dBu out)
- <0.0005% (50Hz and 7kHz, 35dB gain, +15dBu out)
Max Output Level
- Balanced XLR = +27.5dBu (<0.002% THD, 30dB Gain)
- Impedance Balanced ¼” Jack = +21.5dBu (<0.002% THD, 30dB Gain)
- Balanced XLR = 150 Ohm
- Impedance Balanced 1/4” Jack = 150Ohm Balanced, 75 Ohm Unbalanced
- AC Requirements: 100V – 240V AC, 50 – 60 Hz
- Total Power Consumption: 24v, 1.25A DC, 30W
- Width: 481mm (19") (Rackmount)
- Height: 44.45mm (1.75") (1u)
- Depth: 240mm (9.5")
- Unit Weight: 2.8kg (6.2lb)
- Trade Doubler Group ID
- Cranborne Audio
Earn loyalty points whenever you shop at Andertons. Points can be earned and used online, in store or over the phone: earn and use points however you choose to shop! No need to sign up - points are added automatically when you make a purchase! The more you shop, the more you save, so start earning points now!
What are points worth?
One point is worth a 1p discount, and there's no limit on the number of points used per purchase! For example, if you have 1000 points, you can redeem them for a £10 discount on any purchase.
How many points will I earn when I shop?
We display the number of points available for a product on the product's page on our website. Normally we'll give you one point for every pound you spend, but watch out for double and triple points deals for even more savings!
Here at Andertons Music Co. we believe that we stock some of the best musical equipment in the world. That's why we want to make it as quick and easy as possible for you to get your order, safe and sound!
We offer a wide range of delivery options to help fit around your busy lifestyle without compromise. This includes free, named-day delivery for most UK postcodes on orders over £99 which are in stock, Saturday & Sunday deliveries, and competitive delivery rates worldwide.
Please note: Some UK postcodes including remote areas and Northern Ireland are subject to charges.
You can find full details about the services we offer, including details on our international delivery charges, on our main delivery page. Click here to read more.
Select deposit amount
0% = £0.00
- Total Cash Price
- Amount of Credit
- Duration of Agreement
- 0 Months
- 0 Monthly Repayments
- Cost of Credit
- APR Representative
- Annual Rate of Interest
- Settlement Fee
- Total Amount Payable