Here's what Charvel says about the Pro-Mod San Dimas Style 1 HSS HT E Sassafras:
The Pro-Mod Series continues upon Charvel’s storied legacy of innovative excellence in high-performance guitar design, offering the latest technology and top-notch features that modern players need. An ideal instrument for dazzling high-speed playing, the Pro-Mod San Dimas Style 1 HSS HT E Sassafras boasts scorching sound, stunning style and grin-inducing playing feel and performance.
Built with sassafras, the San Dimas body is coupled with a bolt-on maple neck featuring a pair of graphite reinforcement rods to resist bending and warping under environmental stresses. The speed neck profile is designed for lightning fast playing and completely unhindered position shifts, while the comfortably rolled fingerboard edges provide the broken-in feel of an instrument with plenty of playing miles on it, and plenty more to go. Perfect for faster tempos, the 12”-16” compound radius ebony fingerboard hosts 22 jumbo frets and white dot inlays. For regularly touring musicians, a heel-mount truss rod adjust thumbwheel is a must, allowing for quick and convenient neck relief tweaks.
The humbucking Seymour Duncan JB TB-4 bridge pickup and single-coil Seymour Duncan Custom Flat Strat SSL-6 middle and Custom Flat Strat SSL-6 RWRP neck pickups are mounted directly to the body for increased vibration transfer. This powerful pickup trio produces aggressive harmonics in the bridge position for distinguished blues and metal runs and the perfect blend of heightened output and springy Stratocaster attitude in the middle and neck positions.
Extensive tonal variations are on top with a five-way blade pickup switch, volume control and a no-load tone control that operates like a standard tone control from positions one through nine, and removes itself from the circuit at position ten for transparent sound, letting the full natural voice of the guitar shine through. This model is also outfitted with a Charvel HT6 string-through-body bridge for precise intonation and improved sustain.
Designed with style in mind, the Pro-Mod San Dimas Style 1 HSS HT E Sassafras comes in Satin Black with black hardware.
- Body Shape: San Dimas Style 1
- Body Material: Sassafras
- Body Finish: Satin
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Construction: Bolt-On with Graphite Reinforcement
- Neck Finish: Hand-Rubbed Satin Urethane
- Fingerboard: Ebony, 12”-16” Compound Radius (304.8 mm to 406.4 mm)
- Frets: 22, Jumbo
- Position Inlays: White Dot
- Nut (Material/Width): Black Plastic, 1.6875” (42.86 mm)
- Headstock: Licensed Fender Stratocaster
- Scale Length: 25.5” (648 mm)
- Truss Rod: Heel-Mount Truss Rod Adjustment Wheel
- Bridge Pickup: Seymour Duncan JB TB-4
- Middle Pickup: Seymour Duncan Custom Flat Strat SSL-6 Single-Coil
- Neck Pickup: Seymour Duncan Custom Flat Strat SSL-6 RWRP Single-Coil
- Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade: Position 1. Full Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge Inner Coil and Middle Pickup, Position 3. Bridge Outer Coil and Neck Pickup, Position 4. Middle and Neck Pickup, Position 5. Full Neck Pickup
- Controls: Volume, No-Load Tone
- Bridge: Charvel HT6 String-Through-Body Hardtail
- Tuning Machines: Charvel-Branded Die-Cast Locking
- Control Knobs: Knurled Flat-Top
- Hardware Finish: Black
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel (.009-.042 Gauges)