Here's what Charvel says about the Pro-Mod So-Cal Style 1 HSH FR E:
The Pro-Mod So-Cal Style 1 HSH FR E is a stunning high-octane axe, fueled by four decades of guitarist’s requests for a hot-rodded high-performance guitar with the latest and greatest features. Paying homage to its 1980s Southern California roots, the So-Cal blends vintage-style appointments with the classic playability and innovative design elements that have made Charvel a legendary name.
More comfortable than an overstuffed armchair, the So-Cal body is sleekly sculpted out of alder and paired with a rock-solid bolt-on maple neck with a pair of graphite-reinforcement rods to handle the ravages of the road and climate. A conveniently located heel-mount spoke wheel allows for rapid truss rod tweaks, even in between songs. Engineered for effortlessly nimble playing, the speed neck profile and 12”-16” compound radius ebony fingerboard with 22 frets is perfect for all styles of play — from low end riffing to soaring leads with worry-free upper-register bends.
Hot-rodded for unparalleled performance and sound, this instrument hosts a high-output Seymour Duncan Distortion TB-6 humbucking bridge pickup, Seymour Duncan Custom Flat Strat SSL-6 Single-Coil middle pickup and a Seymour Duncan Distortion SH-6N humbucking neck pickup. This powerful pickup trio produces aggressive harmonics in the bridge position for distinguished blues and metal runs, the perfect blend of heightened output and springy Stratocaster attitude in the middle, and the ideal searing, crunchy tone for brazen leads in the neck. Extensive tonal variations are on top with a five-way blade pickup switch, volume control and a no-load tone control that operates like a standard tone control from positions one through nine, and removes itself from the circuit at position ten for transparent sound, letting the full natural voice of the guitar shine through. Scream or rumble with the Floyd Rose 1000 Series double-locking tremolo system without sacrificing tuning stability or the pinpoint intonation.
Born from a love of high-speed playing and designed to inspire, the Pro-ModSo-Cal Style 1 HSH FR E is wrapped in Robin’s Egg Blue and features a white pickguard and chrome hardware.
- Body Shape: So-Cal Style 1
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Construction: Bolt-On with Graphite Reinforcement
- Neck Finish: Hand-Rubbed Satin Urethane
- Fingerboard: Ebony, 12”-16” Compound Radius (304.8 mm to 406.4 mm)
- Frets: 22, Jumbo
- Position Inlays: White Dot
- Side Dots: White
- Nut (Material/Width): Floyd Rose 1000 Series Locking, 1.6875” (42.86 mm)
- Headstock: Licensed Fender Stratocaster
- Scale Length: 25.5” (648 mm)
- Truss Rod: Heel-Mount Truss Rod Adjustment Wheel
- Bridge Pickup: Seymour Duncan Distortion TB-6
- Middle Pickup: Seymour Duncan Custom Flat Strat SSL-6 Single-Coil
- Neck Pickup: Seymour Duncan Distortion SH-6N
- Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade: Position 1. Full Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge Inner Coil and Middle Pickup, Position 3. Bridge Outer Coil and Neck Pickup, Position 4. Middle and Neck Pickup, Position 5. Full Neck Pickup
- Controls: Volume, No-Load Tone
- Bridge: Floyd Rose 1000 Series Double-Locking Tremolo (Recessed)
- Tuning Machines: Charvel-Branded Die-Cast
- Pickguard: 1-Ply White
- Knobs: Knurled Flat-Top
- Hardware Finish: Chrome
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel (.009-.042 Gauges)