Here's what Charvel says about the Pro-Mod DK24 HSS 2PT CM:
Charvel once again reaches new heights of modern high performance combined with elegant style and crushing tone with the Pro-Mod DK24 HSS 2PT CM Ash, a stunning new instrument designed especially for a new breed of player whose musical vision and versatility knows no boundaries.
Featuring a sculpted shredder’s cut heel and scalloped lower back bout for comfortable, unencumbered upper fret access, the ash Dinky body is paired with a graphite-reinforced bolt-on caramelized maple neck for rock-solid stability. The “speed” neck features a silky-smooth satin finish on the back for sublime playability, Luminlay side dots to guide your way along the fretboard on dark stages and a heel-mount truss rod adjustment wheel for convenient neck relief tweaks. Built for fast playing speeds, the 12”-16” compound radius caramelized maple fingerboard features comfortable rolled edges, 24 jumbo frets, pearloid dot inlays and Graph Tech TUSQ XL nut.
An HSS pickup configuration consisting of a Custom Seymour Duncan Full Shred SH10B bridge pickup, Seymour Duncan Custom Flat Strat SSL-6 single-coil middle pickup and Seymour Duncan Custom Flat Strat SSL-6 RWRP single-coil neck pickup proves to be a versatile tonal force with beefed up mids and articulated, crispy highs.
Taking our modern DK24 platform up a notch, this model’s other premium modern features include a five-way blade pickup switch, Stratocaster-style skirt knobs for the volume (with 500K EVH Bourns low friction potentiometer) and no-load tone controls, Gotoh Custom 510 tremolo bridge, locking tuners and more. Sure to impress in sound and style, this DK24 is wrapped in a fiery Red Ash finish with chrome hardware.
- Body Shape: Dinky
- Body Material: Ash
- Body Finish: Satin
- Neck Material: Caramelized Maple
- Neck Construction: Bolt-On with Graphite Reinforcement
- Neck Finish: Satin
- Fingerboard: Caramelized Maple, 12”-16” Compound Radius (304.8 mm to 406.4 mm)
- Frets: 24, Jumbo
- Position Inlays: 4mm Pearloid Dot
- Nut (Material/Width): Graph Tech TUSQ XL, 1.6875” (42.86 mm)
- Headstock: Licensed Fender Stratocaster
- Tuning Machines: Charvel-Branded Die-Cast Locking
- Scale Length: 25.5” (648 mm)
- Truss Rod: Heel-Mount Truss Rod Adjustment Wheel
Hardware & Electronics
- Bridge: Gotoh Custom 510 Tremolo
- Bridge Pickup: Seymour Duncan Custom Full Shred SH-10B
- Middle Pickup: Seymour Duncan Custom Flat Strat SSL-6 Single-Coil
- Neck Pickup: Seymour Duncan Custom Flat Strat SSL-6 RWRP Single-Coil
- Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade: Position 1. Full Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge Inner Coil and Middle Pickup, Position 3. Bridge Outer Coil and Neck Pickup, Position 4. Middle and Neck Pickup, Position 5. Full Neck Pickup
- Controls: Volume (500K EVH Bourns Low Friction Pot), No-Load Tone
- Control Knobs: Stratocaster-Style Skirt
- Hardware Finish: Chrome
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel (.009-.042 Gauges)