The ML3 Modern is a T-style guitar that combines classic design with a modern edge. Punchy pickups, slick looks and a simple, comfortable playability make the ML3 Modern a performance instrument through and through. Better still, the V2 models are made in a new factory - baked tonewoods for improved resonance and durability, improved rolled fretboard edges and US-made pickup magnets. They're onto a winner...
New and Improved Pickups
All V2 Chapman instruments are equipped with brand new pickups made in-house in their new factory. Unlike their previous pickup designs, these feature new magnets sourced specially from the US. Many guitar pickups use generic magnets, the same that you might find in cars or household appliances - these are tailor-made for use in guitars. If you thought the previous humbuckers and single coils sounded great, you’ll love the fresh tone of these precisely-wound models.
Chapman have re-voiced the pickups to provide crisper articulation, a more pronounced midrange and smoother low and high-end frequencies. You’re guaranteed to get studio sound quality and brilliant definition in live use.
Body & Neck
Chapman have opted for a combination of Mahogany for the body and Flamed Maple veneer for the top, providing you with brilliant resonance and a healthy dose of twang - not to mention a striking aesthetic. The gloss finish and subtle contours offer a comfy playing experience and a classy sheen that'll have you spellbound at first sight.
For the neck, they've gone with bolt-on Maple with a satin finish and volute. This reinforcement, combined with a dual-action truss rod, means sturdy tuning stability and excellent proficiency with drop-tuning. The satin finish and familiar C-shape neck means you'll be right at home, whatever your style!
Hardware & Electronics
Chapman have loaded the ML3 Modern with two Sonorous Zero humbuckers; power, clarity, a dense midrange and a hefty low-end perfectly complements the Mahogany construction. Expect soaring sustain and a punchy modern sound, clean or distorted, thanks to the use of modern ceramic magnets.
A 3-way pickup switch and a push-pull coil-tap vastly expands your tonal palette. What first appears to be a simple HH configuration suddenly becomes a hugely versatile instrument that'll efficiently handle whatever you throw at it. Top it off with a Graph tech black tusq XL nut and alluring black hardware across the board, and you've struck the perfect balance between versatility and attitude.
- Headstock: Straight heritage headstock
- Neck: Maple with satin finish
- Neck type: C shape recessed bolt-on neck with volute
- Top: Flame Maple veneer on flat top with gloss finish
- Body: Mahogany with gloss finish
- Body carves: Arm carve, front lower spoon cut, rear tummy cut, rear lower spoon cut, rear heel contour
- Fretboard: Ebony fretboard with rolled edges
- Binding: Reveal
- Frets: 24 jumbo nickel frets
- Fret markers: Pearl side dots and pearl front dot inlays
- 12th fret inlay: Pearl infinity
- Scale length: 648mm (~25.5")
- Tuners: Chapman classic closed (18:1 gearing)
- String nut: Graph Tech black tusq XL nut
- Truss rod: Dual action
- Bridge: Chapman string-through hardtail
- Neck pickup: Chapman Sonorous Zero humbucker, Magnet: ceramic output: 10.5k ohms
- Bridge pickup: Chapman Sonorous Zero humbucker, Magnet: ceramic output: 12.5k ohms
- Pickup switch: 3 way blade switch with coil split on push-pull tone knob
- Controls: Master volume (500k), master tone with push-pull (500k)
- Strap buttons: Chapman classic strap buttons