The ML3 Pro Traditional has proven to be a popular take on the classic T-style guitar. The latest addition to the ML3 roster is a unique one for Chapman; their first semi-hollow guitar! Punchy but responsive classic tones courtesy of the ML3 traditional formula, but with an unmistakably semi-hollow quality - winner.
The most notable feature of this guitar is, of course, its semi-hollow construction. This body type, with its single f-hole, gives the guitar extra warmth, lower-midrange emphasis, and resonance. Semi-hollow guitars are often associated with bluesy styles, and this guitar is great for that but it can also handle higher gain styles and will add a different sound to your playing.
The back is made from mahogany which is known for its warmth and lower-end response while the top is flame maple for some added brightness. A distinguishing feature of this ML3 (aside from the f-hole) is the roasted maple neck and fingerboard. Roasted maple is more stable than regular maple, and with its rolled edges and satin finish it makes for a comfortable playing experience. The neck also has glow-in-the-dark side dot fret markers so you won't lose your place when playing on stage in low-light.
The guitar is finished in a luxurious Vintage Honey Burst that allows the Maple top to work its magic. To complete the look, Chapman have designed a more modern take on the f-hole too.
Hardware and Electronics
One of the standout features of this model is the dual P90 configuration. P90s combine the best of both worlds; a touch of single-coil twang and dynamics, but with a higher, more rounded output that really lets the tonewood come into its own.
A 3-way pickup selector gives you just enough tonal legroom to get the most out of the P90s. It's a classic T-style setup but with just a little more on tap - you'll be amazed at the richness of the neck position sound.
The ML3 Pro Traditional semi-hollow features a dual-action truss rod, TUSQ nut, hardtail bridge with brass saddles, and Hipshot Grip-Lock locking tuners for rock-solid tuning stability. Chapman have also taken steps to ensure your guitar is safe and sound; strap-locks and a Chapman Pro hard case come included in the package.
- Headstock: Straight Heritage Headstock
- Tuners: Hipshot Grip-Lock Open (18:1 Gearing)
- String Nut: 42mm Graph Tech Black TUSQ XL Nut
- Neck: Roasted Maple - Medium Colour with Satin Finish
- Neck Joint: Set-Through Neck with Volute
- Neck Width: Nut - 42mm, 22nd Fret - 57mm
- Neck Thickness: 1st Fret - 20.5mm, 12th Fret - 22mm
- Neck Profile: C Shape
- Truss Rod: Dual Action
- Fretboard: Roasted Maple - Medium Colour Fretboard with Rolled Edges
- Fretboard Radius: 350mm
- Frets: 22 Jumbo Stainless Steel Frets
- Fret Markers: Glow-in-the-Dark Side Dots
- 12th Fret Inlay: Pearl Infinity
- Scale Length: 648mm (~25.5")
- Body Top: Flame Maple Veneer On Carve Top with Modern F-Holes with Gloss Finish
- Body Back: Mahogany with Gloss Finish
- Body Binding: Reveal
- Body Carves: Front Lower Spoon Cut, Rear Tummy Cut, Rear Lower Spoon Cut, Rear Heel Contour
Electronics & Hardware
- Bridge: Chapman String Through Hardtail with Brass Saddles
- Neck Pickup: Chapman P90 (Magnet - Alnico 5)
- Bridge Pickup: Chapman P90 (Magnet - Alnico 5)
- Pickup Switch: 3 Way Blade Switch
- Controls: Master Volume (500k), Master Tone (500k)
- Strap Buttons: Chapman Strap Locks
- Strings: Ernie Ball Regular Slinky Nickel Wound, 10-46
- Case: Chapman Pro Hard Case
- Guitar Weight: Approx. 3 kg (6.6 lbs)