The ML3 Pro Modern has proven to be a popular take on the classic T-style guitar with its contemporary changes to an iconic formula to suit more contemporary styles. The latest addition to this range is a unique one for Chapman as it's their first semi-hollow guitar. All the powerful, modern tones you'd expect from an ML3 with an unmistakably semi-hollow quality; this guitar is sure to stand out.
The most notable feature of this guitar is, of course, its semi-hollow construction. This body type, with its single f-hole, gives the guitar extra warmth, lower-midrange emphasis, and resonance. Semi-hollow guitars are often associated with bluesy styles, and this guitar is great for that but it can also handle higher gain styles and will add a different sound to your playing.
The back is made from mahogany which is known for its warmth and lower-end response while the top is flame maple for some added brightness. A distinguishing feature of this ML3 (aside from the f-hole) is the roasted maple neck and fingerboard. Roasted maple is more stable than regular maple, and with its rolled edges and satin finish it makes for a comfortable playing experience. The neck also has glow-in-the-dark side dot fret markers so you won't lose your place when playing on stage in low-light.
The guitar is finished in a dark yet beautiful obsidian burst that lets the flame maple shine through. To match this more contemporary styling Chapman have designed a more modern take on the f-hole to complete the look.
Hardware and Electronics
Like the standard ML3 Pro Modern this guitar has Chapman's own Madrigal alnico 5 humbuckers. These pickups have a punchy yet clear sound with plenty of mid-range and low-end emphasis to complement the semi-hollow construction. For powerful modern sounds, the Madrigals have got you covered.
The 5-way pickup selector adds some extra versatility thanks to the coil-splitting feature. Position 2 selects the bridge humbucker and the outer neck coil and position 4 selects the neck humbucker and the outer bridge coil. The addition of these coil split options gives you more sounds to experiment and play with.
The ML3 Pro Modern semi-hollow features a dual-action truss rod, TUSQ nut, hardtail bridge with brass saddles, and Hipshot Grip-Lock locking tuners for rock-solid tuning stability. Chapman also has you covered when it comes to protecting your guitar - with strap-locks fitted to prevent it from falling off your strap and a Chapman Pro hard case included to keep it safe in transit.
- Tuners: Hipshot Grip-Lock Open (18:1 Gearing)
- String Nut: Graph Tech Black TUSQ XL Nut
- Neck: Roasted Maple - Medium Colour with Satin Finish
- Neck Joint: Set-Through Neck with Volute
- Neck Width: Nut - 42mm, 24th Fret - 57mm
- Neck Thickness: 1st Fret - 20.5mm, 12th Fret - 22mm
- Neck Profile: C Shape
- Truss Rod: Dual Action
- Fretboard: Roasted Maple - Medium Colour Fretboard with Rolled Edges
- Fretboard Radius: 350mm
- Frets: 24 Jumbo Stainless Steel Frets
- Fret Markers: Glow-in-the-Dark Side Dots
- 12th Fret Inlay: Pearl Infinity
- Scale Length: 648mm (~25.5")
- Body Top: Flame Maple Veneer On Carve Top with Modern F-Holes with Gloss Finish
- Body Back: Mahogany with Gloss Finish
- Body Binding: Plain Maple
- Body Carves: Front Lower Spoon Cut, Rear Tummy Cut, Rear Lower Spoon Cut, Rear Heel Contour
Electronics & Hardware
- Bridge: Chapman String Through Hardtail with Brass Saddles
- Neck Pickup: Chapman Madrigal (Humbucker: Magnet - Alnico 5, Output - 11k ohms)
- Bridge Pickup: Chapman Madrigal (Humbucker - Magnet - Alnico 5, Output - 12.5k ohms)
- Pickup Switch: 5 Way Super Switch with Coil Split
- Controls: Master Volume (500k), Master Tone (500k)
- Strap Buttons: Chapman Strap Locks
- Strings: Ernie Ball Regular Slinky Nickel Wound, 10-46
- Case: Chapman Pro Hard Case
- Guitar Weight: Approx. 3 kg (6.6 lbs)