Chapman ML3 Pro Modern Semi-Hollow in Obsidian Burst
Introducing Chapman Guitars' first semi-hollowbody!
This product is not currently available.
The ML3 Pro Modern has proven to be a popular take on the classic T-style guitar with its contemporary changes to an iconic formula to suit more contemporary styles. The latest addition to this range is a unique one for Chapman as it's their first semi-hollow guitar. All the powerful, modern tones you'd expect from an ML3 with an unmistakably semi-hollow quality; this guitar is sure to stand out.
The most notable feature of this guitar is, of course, its semi-hollow construction. This body type, with its single f-hole, gives the guitar extra warmth, lower-midrange emphasis, and resonance. Semi-hollow guitars are often associated with bluesy styles, and this guitar is great for that but it can also handle higher gain styles and will add a different sound to your playing.
The back is made from mahogany which is known for its warmth and lower-end response while the top is flame maple for some added brightness. A distinguishing feature of this ML3 (aside from the f-hole) is the roasted maple neck and fingerboard. Roasted maple is more stable than regular maple, and with its rolled edges and satin finish it makes for a comfortable playing experience. The neck also has glow-in-the-dark side dot fret markers so you won't lose your place when playing on stage in low-light.
The guitar is finished in a dark yet beautiful obsidian burst that lets the flame maple shine through. To match this more contemporary styling Chapman have designed a more modern take on the f-hole to complete the look.
Hardware and Electronics
Like the standard ML3 Pro Modern this guitar has Chapman's own Madrigal alnico 5 humbuckers. These pickups have a punchy yet clear sound with plenty of mid-range and low-end emphasis to complement the semi-hollow construction. For powerful modern sounds, the Madrigals have got you covered.
The 5-way pickup selector adds some extra versatility thanks to the coil-splitting feature. Position 2 selects the bridge humbucker and the outer neck coil and position 4 selects the neck humbucker and the outer bridge coil. The addition of these coil split options gives you more sounds to experiment and play with.
The ML3 Pro Modern semi-hollow features a dual-action truss rod, TUSQ nut, hardtail bridge with brass saddles, and Hipshot Grip-Lock locking tuners for rock-solid tuning stability. Chapman also has you covered when it comes to protecting your guitar - with strap-locks fitted to prevent it from falling off your strap and a Chapman Pro hard case included to keep it safe in transit.
- Tuners: Hipshot Grip-Lock Open (18:1 Gearing)
- String Nut: Graph Tech Black TUSQ XL Nut
- Neck: Roasted Maple - Medium Colour with Satin Finish
- Neck Joint: Set-Through Neck with Volute
- Neck Width: Nut - 42mm, 24th Fret - 57mm
- Neck Thickness: 1st Fret - 20.5mm, 12th Fret - 22mm
- Neck Profile: C Shape
- Truss Rod: Dual Action
- Fretboard: Roasted Maple - Medium Colour Fretboard with Rolled Edges
- Fretboard Radius: 350mm
- Frets: 24 Jumbo Stainless Steel Frets
- Fret Markers: Glow-in-the-Dark Side Dots
- 12th Fret Inlay: Pearl Infinity
- Scale Length: 648mm (~25.5")
- Body Top: Flame Maple Veneer On Carve Top with Modern F-Holes with Gloss Finish
- Body Back: Mahogany with Gloss Finish
- Body Binding: Plain Maple
- Body Carves: Front Lower Spoon Cut, Rear Tummy Cut, Rear Lower Spoon Cut, Rear Heel Contour
Electronics & Hardware
- Bridge: Chapman String Through Hardtail with Brass Saddles
- Neck Pickup: Chapman Madrigal (Humbucker: Magnet - Alnico 5, Output - 11k ohms)
- Bridge Pickup: Chapman Madrigal (Humbucker - Magnet - Alnico 5, Output - 12.5k ohms)
- Pickup Switch: 5 Way Super Switch with Coil Split
- Controls: Master Volume (500k), Master Tone (500k)
- Strap Buttons: Chapman Strap Locks
- Strings: Ernie Ball Regular Slinky Nickel Wound, 10-46
- Case: Chapman Pro Hard Case
- Guitar Weight: Approx. 3 kg (6.6 lbs)
Earn loyalty points whenever you shop at Andertons. Points can be earned and used online, in store or over the phone: earn and use points however you choose to shop! No need to sign up - points are added automatically when you make a purchase! The more you shop, the more you save, so start earning points now!
What are points worth?
One point is worth a 1p discount, and there's no limit on the number of points used per purchase! For example, if you have 1000 points, you can redeem them for a £10 discount on any purchase.
How many points will I earn when I shop?
We display the number of points available for a product on the product's page on our website. Normally we'll give you one point for every pound you spend, but watch out for double and triple points deals for even more savings!
Here at Andertons Music Co. we believe that we stock some of the best musical equipment in the world. That's why we want to make it as quick and easy as possible for you to get your order, safe and sound!
We offer a wide range of delivery options to help fit around your busy lifestyle without compromise. This includes free, named-day delivery for most UK postcodes on orders over £99 which are in stock, Saturday & Sunday deliveries, and competitive delivery rates worldwide.
Please note: Some UK postcodes including remote areas and Northern Ireland are subject to charges.
You can find full details about the services we offer, including details on our international delivery charges, on our main delivery page. Click here to read more.
Finance available at checkout for orders £300+