The Chapman ML1 Hybrid is an affordable '80s-inspired tone monster! Immensely flexible with its HSS configuration comprising proprietary Chapman pickups, the ML1 Hybrid has a potent voice and high-end looks to boot.
Featuring a rock-solid Roasted Maple neck, a smooth 2-point tremolo and a Graph Tech TUSQ nuts among a host of other high-quality appointments - the ML1 Hybrid is one of the finest instruments to join Chapman's Standard series yet!
Premium Body Construction
Chapman's ML1 Hybrid boasts a sustain-rich Mahogany body that serves as the perfect tonal base for the versatile pickup selection. Adorned with a highly-figured Flamed Maple veneer, this instrument exerts a truly premium aesthetic - especially with its gorgeous reveal body binding. An ergonomically-contoured lower horn and recessed bolt-on neck joint allows for unrestricted access to all 22 frets too!
Roasted Maple Neck
Chapman guitars are renowned for having addictively-good neck profiles. The ML1 Hybrid is no exception, and is certain to keep you playing for hours on end with its comfortable C-shaped neck carve and rolled fingerboard edges. A smooth satin finish enhances the neck's playability even further, offering an ultra-fast surface to shred upon!
A feature only found typically on expensive instruments, the Chapman ML1 Hybrid's Maple neck has been roasted to remove all of the natural moisture retained by the wood. This process makes the neck far less vulnerable to warping when exposed to varying climates, ensuring incredible tuning stability and minimal adjustment.
Proprietary Chapman Pickups
Paying homage to those who modified traditional single-coil equipped instruments back in the '80s, the ML1 Hybrid is a powerful yet well-rounded tone machine combining the refined and clear tones of the Chapman "Venus Witch" zero single-coils with the heroic and powerful punch of the ceramic Chapman Sonorous Zero.
Attain aggressive, saturated sounds with high-gain amp settings, or achieve glassy "out-of-phase"-style clean tones via the 5-way switch's 2nd and 4th positions. Whatever the genre - the Chapman ML1 Hybrid delivers!
- Body Shape: ML1
- Body Wood: Mahogany
- Top Wood: Flamed Maple Veneer
- Body Binding: Reveal
- Neck Wood: Roasted Maple, Medium Colour
- Neck Finish: Satin
- Neck Profile: C Shape
- Neck Joint: Recessed Bolt-On
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648mm)
- Fretboard: Roasted Maple, Medium Colour with Rolled Edges
- Fretboard Radius: 240mm
- Frets: 22, Jumbo, Nickel
- Fret Markers: Black Dots
- 12th Fret Inlay: Black Infinity
- String Nut: Graph Tech TUSQ (42mm)
- Headstock: Straight Heritage
- Truss Rod: Dual Action
- Bridge Pickup: Chapman Sonorous Zerø Humbucker
- Middle Pickup: Chapman Venus Witch Zerø Single-Coil
- Neck Pickup: Chapman Venus Witch Zerø Single-Coil
- Pickup Switch: 5-Way Blade Switch
- Controls: Master Volume (500k), Master Tone (500k)
- Bridge: Chapman 2-Point Tremolo with Steel Block
- Tuners: Chapman Classic Closed (18:1 Gearing)
- Strap Buttons: Chapman Classic
- Hardware Colour: Chrome
- Strings: Ernie Ball Regular Slinky Nickel Wound, 10-46